Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a MKIV TT. It is BPU and I havent really toyed with the idea of switching to TTC or not. If any of you that have done this comment on wether or not you like it that would be very helpful.

If you have done it, what kind of noticable things are there? I know the lag will be increased but is it better?

Thank you in advance.

H

·
0 Posts
All you need is a switch. You don't use it if you don't like it, like me. :) There's no real advantage of using TTC and I like the sequential set up better. I rarely run my car in TTC mode.
You'll find more information on MKIV.com as well as instruction on how to do this. :)

·
95Turbo
930 Posts
I liked the TTC mod in my supra... it was nice the way the turbos kicked in. I don't know the difference between the 2 b/c i never drove it in sequential mode. The lag was not bad, i would have full boost at 4100 RPM. Only time i really noticed lag was when i'd be cruising, then downshift and accelerate, a second and a half later the boost would hit. But in a race from a stop, i never had any lag. But everyone has mixed fellings about going to TTC. Isn't it a fee mod? Just try it and if you dont like it, then its free to change it back.

N

·
0 Posts
suprafrk said:
can you guys educate me? What is "TTC"
TTC stands for "True Twin Conversion", or correct me if im wrong. The difference is in TTC mode the stock turbos will always be spooling. Its an alternative to the stock sequential setup where the first turbo spools, than the second.

Hope this helps.

·
Ok, ok, maybe 500rwhp!!!
1,184 Posts
I'm using the TTC via the quick 'n' easy way with check valves (gona hardwire soon) and IT'S WONDERFUL! I love the power band. There is SOME lag (But nothing really to write home about), but after 44k miles logged in w/sequential mode, I don't think I'll be going back to Sequential. Being done on an Automatic, it's easier to predict the outcome in quick turns...VERY predictable.

IMO, those who complain there is too much lag don't have enough experience driving the car..., JMHO of course. :)

M

·
0 Posts
I prefer ETTC,
you will love that, my friend's mkiv only bpu with ttc even louder than my single,
and we both have same tanabe! :mad:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts