Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's late and it's been a long night, but the TTC Performance 268 NA cams are installed and running. They are proven to be as drop in as an HKS or JUN cam. No dyno numbers yet but I'll explain more how the night went, later. For now here's the idle.

You want burly? This is burly.

SPECIAL thanks goes out to David owner of the test car, Sean from Titan who was there every step of the way and stayed until the end, Darin from Titan who was a lifesafer in retiming the distributor, and Mark from Titan for being so damn motivated. HUGE thanks to all, and thanks for staying up late for us.

·
The Boost Machine
490 Posts
Good stuff Eric,

Glad it came alive. Sounds amazing.
So there will be some extra work in retiming the distributor for these?
Can't wait to see the numbers.

David

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good stuff Eric,

Glad it came alive. Sounds amazing.
So there will be some extra work in retiming the distributor for these?
Can't wait to see the numbers.

David
Retiming the distributror isn't manditory, just that we found ourselves slightly off. Darin fixed that in about 10 minutes, he's just that good. :)

You may be waiting a while to see the numbers, the motor that was used in the testing jumped timing on the pull, so we'll have to investigate that. The cams themselves we're outstanding, however with 210K on the odometer, the old girl was having a hard time keeping the timing belt from jumping teeth at the crank. We're going in to investigate more today. The next pull will be from a new motor going in, and there won't be any back to back on it.

With the exception of the dyno numbers not being available, the cams told us what we needed to know. The cams are as drop in as any HKS or JUN, and the car is a whole lot more aggressive.

The new profile is:

Duration.............. [email protected]

Lift........................9.14mm

Lobe Seperation...110

Stock specs:

[email protected]

Lift.........................8.4mm

Lobe seperation....unknown

Eric

·
Over Medicated
2,718 Posts
So if I come over Friday you'll install mine and we'll put it on the dyno and get some true #'s.:x: .

j/k. Although I can't wait to get mine back and slap that baby in. Was the timing issue just a matter of not having things lined up upon reinstillation or was there more? Did you reset it to -10 btdc or something else?

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So if I come over Friday you'll install mine and we'll put it on the dyno and get some true #'s.:x: .

j/k. Although I can't wait to get mine back and slap that baby in. Was the timing issue just a matter of not having things lined up upon reinstillation or was there more? Did you reset it to -10 btdc or something else?
Hi Kb,

I actually called yesterday and they're scheduled to manufacture your cam by Friday/Monday. They've been at a 3-4 week backlog.

The timing issue seemed to be a matter of the belt slipping teeth. We're going to look at it today to make sure that we reinstalled everything correctly, but the belt certainly seems to have jumped teeth when the car was boosted. We checked the cam gears, and they are in synch, so if the belt is slipping it's coming from the crank area.

Sooooo [given that the test motor was a 210K mile motor], either we didn't install the belt tensioner correctly,or the belt is slipping at the crank for one reason or another. We'll verify it in the afternoon, it was hard to be sure last night at 2am :)

Kb, why not get your car tuned at Titan with the new cam?

Thanks again,

Eric

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With Daves permission, here is the video of they're dyno pull. Keep in mind that this is untuned and timing is WAY off...

·
The Stars At Night
1,460 Posts
Wait, wait, wait...so the exhaust cam as the distributor gear on it? That would be amazing...

·
The Stars At Night
1,460 Posts
Is this the only set of drop in cams for the NA? I'm in love...price?

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Your cam is in :)

Eric

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds good, e-mail me your shipping address, the only address I have is from the UPS Store the cam was shipped from.

Thanks again!

Eric

1 - 20 of 22 Posts