Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, search or look on MKIV.com, and I did. I just need to clarify whether you still need the check valves or not when you wire the actuators open? Do any hoses need to be moved or removed when you wire them open? Thanks

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help guys- I was under there wiring one up and found a vacuum line hanging down, it went to the small VSV behind the alternator, the nipple was snapped off. I got a new VSV and now the turbos are operating sequentially, 19 psi w/ a bleeder t. When I was under the car and pulled the large actuator open, I heard a whole bunch of crud fall into the downpipe, I guess that VSV was broken for awhile and the old owner didn't know any better.:D

·
Very Senior Member
9,963 Posts
PaKmaN said:
While were on the subject. Would you suggest going TTC if the car is Daily Driven
For an Accord?

For the Supra, I'd say it depends on if an auto (definitely no!) or 6-spd (maybe).

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
I like my auto with TTC

·
60 footing
966 Posts
off topic Q, im on TTC and i dont see full boost till 5k rpm, at 4k rpm i only see 10 psi, and at 5k i see 14-15psi, why is that ?

·
Respect
1,185 Posts
slither said:
I like my auto with TTC
Me too. I think ttc is much better, yes from a dead stop it takes half a second longer to get boost but as soon as it hits its like a rocket and my tires always break loose. When your going 30 plus and you hit it there is almost no lag at all, the boost kicks in instant.

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
My main reason for staying TTC with the auto was to get used to the lag. I am used to turbo/nitrous/charged v8's so lag to me used to be waiting until 2300 or so for full boost, LOL. I am about to put in a built auto and a 4000 stall so I will really feel back at home with the little lag. I can brake boost about 20psi from a 30 roll, LOL

·
Very Senior Member
9,963 Posts
Jarrett H said:
Me too. I think ttc is much better, yes from a dead stop it takes half a second longer to get boost but as soon as it hits its like a rocket and my tires always break loose. When your going 30 plus and you hit it there is almost no lag at all, the boost kicks in instant.
But my auto would break the tires loose when the second kicked in anyway!:cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts