Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
V-tec JUST KICKED IN!!!
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently did the TTC on my 97 TT. I followed the instructions given on a Japanese Supra. I know that there is another instruction on MKiv tech files where you have to get one way check valves ( i did not do this). After the conversion was done, the car ran fine, and exhaust note is deeper. I boosted it and just like it described boost came on around 4000. On the next day , i floored it on 15.5 psi from 1st gear then through 2nd and it set off a check engine light. On the scan tool the description said it was a speed sensor/ auxillary input. I deletted the code then ran it on 15.5 pounds on different occassions and have not seen the code come back. Just to be sure i thought i ask here to see if anyone else had the same problem and should i be worried about it?

thanx

·
10'S BABY
3,835 Posts
What rpm did you got WOT at?
Someone else will chime in with exacts, but without doing much research on it and just going from memory.. After you go TTC and when you go WOT before lets say 3000RPM the ECU is expecting boost from that first turbo(which is now simultanious with #2) and it is not getting that boost in turn throwing a code.
The code is # 1511 and it should say something to the affect of low boost.
This is the only code I remember having...What was the code number on yours?

·
V-tec JUST KICKED IN!!!
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The code is as i remembered 1511 as you said. But again, this is from memory because i never saw it go on again. The code came on during second gear, I ran it to near redline, roughly around 6000-6500. I dont recall the exact rpm where the code was thrown because i had my eyes on the road. lol. Is this normal>?

·
V-tec JUST KICKED IN!!!
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The error code P1511 came back on again
i floored the car from first to second on 15.5 pounds of boost and it seemed to be fine
but when i floored it again from second in around 2500 rpm it threw the code again, this time think around 4500 rpms in second gear. When i plugged in the scanner, it showed that it set off 2 of the same code(1511). Any way to prevent this from happening, or did i do something wrong with the conversion?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
ChiliSauce said:
The error code P1511 came back on again
i floored the car from first to second on 15.5 pounds of boost and it seemed to be fine
but when i floored it again from second in around 2500 rpm it threw the code again, this time think around 4500 rpms in second gear. When i plugged in the scanner, it showed that it set off 2 of the same code(1511). Any way to prevent this from happening, or did i do something wrong with the conversion?
maybe you should listen to the damn computer that's telling you something is wrong and check your speed sensor.

Also, the way you did TTC is not such a good method. I did TTC and have had no problems with the New Zealand supra method, which just bypasses the VSV's. Google search for "new zealand supra", click on the new zealand webpage link, go to tech articles and look for "5 minute true twin conversion". It literally takes like 10-20 mins to do. 5 mins if you're mechanically inclined.

·
V-tec JUST KICKED IN!!!
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
hmm i guess you just skimmed the post because i did do it the new zealand way. There are only three ways of doing ttc, the "new zealand" way, Ettc, and the one with oneway check valves ( which one did you think i was talking about?.) I also listed that the code translates to more than just a speed sensor (ie: speed sensor, auxillary inputs, and idle control.) and furthermore, why would a TTC mess up my speed sensor anyway? I just deletted the code and figured out that the code is set off because the ecu is not getting boost input from downlow there fore throwing a code when im in 2nd gear WOT from 2500rpm. The car drives fine otherwise. Its just one of those annoying things that you want to get rid of.

Im just curious on why the article on MKIV.com, tells you to use one way check valves inbetween the lines?

advantages?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts