Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Chillen at the Holidae In
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tubbed a supra for any reason? I was wondering ifcutting into the wheel wells and placeing them back 5 inches for the wider rim and severly lowering the body to make the stock peice low enough that you dont need a kit since some bumbers and skirts are pretty sick. Just a question since i may be picking up a nice high mile mkiv for 5g with a blown motor.:beerchug: Pics would be apriciated.

steve

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Tubbed a Supra for street use? Don't think I can recall seeing one. Most of the tubbed cars are drag racing, i.e., Paisley, Vinny Ten, etc.

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
I don't think this is something you will want to do unless you are going to build a new tubular frame for the rear.

I also don't see a reason if going to be running street tires. You can run 315 with cut fender lips and 335's with Veilside fender flares. Either would be cheaper and function better than tubs.

Later, Steve

·
Chillen at the Holidae In
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i was looking into it for showcar purposes. Just thinking of something different for a supra since everyone does the same thing, y not something different?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Why not? Because its useless. If you want to do that, buy a civic and airbags and a lot of stickers.

·
helps you jump higher
945 Posts
Have you been to any import show? There are so many MKIV's going show ever since fast and the furious came out. Most people who go to the shows won't be impressed by wide tires they would rather see neons.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts