Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
b00st junkie
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm in need of a little tune up on my IV and was wondering what you guys recommend in terms of plugs and wires and gapping of the plugs. I've been neglecting it b/c I've been giving my money to the 1JZ project, but I want to make the NA run like a champ again now that the project is finally coming to a close. What are you guys' experiences and recommendations on this?

G

·
I gapped my plugs to .029 and they seem to love it. I have the Denso Platinum's. I just ran a 15.7 with them and they have 45K on them. Wires, if you have the money go with the Magnecor's and the plugs, either Denso Platinum or Iridium. The only difference in the plugs is the Platinums are good up to 60K and the Iridiums up to 100K.

Ryan

·
b00st junkie
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so only one of you guys has changed thier spark plugs? I find that hard to believe. Thanks for your input RW, guess I'll be using your idea based on the lack of info from others.

G

·
You are welcome. It's a pretty simple procedure, just takes forever to get to all the plugs. There is a step by step instruction sheet on www.mkiv.com on changing our plugs. By the way, how do you like the KYB/Eibach combo?

Ryan

·
b00st junkie
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i love it. I couldn't imagine going back to stock. KYBs are adjustable, but the only time I ever take it off the stiffest setting is when I'm on a date. I have met almost no cars that can keep up with me on the windy roads thanks to this setup. I would recommend it to anybody.
The only downside is that I have to bust out the stock jack to raise it up enough to get my "real" jack underneath it. Kinda a pain in the ass, but the increased handling and much better looking profile make it worth it 10 times over.
PM me and I can get you some pics of it in all of its MSB glory :)

·
Supra Member
1,821 Posts
93anthracite said:
i love it. I couldn't imagine going back to stock. KYBs are adjustable, but the only time I ever take it off the stiffest setting is when I'm on a date. I have met almost no cars that can keep up with me on the windy roads thanks to this setup. I would recommend it to anybody.
The only downside is that I have to bust out the stock jack to raise it up enough to get my "real" jack underneath it. Kinda a pain in the ass, but the increased handling and much better looking profile make it worth it 10 times over.
PM me and I can get you some pics of it in all of its MSB glory :)
lol.. our cars used to be very similar... mine was anthracite, had greddy exhaust, still has eibach/kyb and TT brakes. :p

·
b00st junkie
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ahhhh, but did YOU have the "Ebay special"???? DIDN'T THINK SO!!! :D
How come you got rid of anthracite? I LOVE this color, nobody knows what to call it. The only color I like more is the baltic blue. What other mods do you have?

·
Supra Member
1,821 Posts
93anthracite said:
ahhhh, but did YOU have the "Ebay special"???? DIDN'T THINK SO!!! :D
How come you got rid of anthracite? I LOVE this color, nobody knows what to call it. The only color I like more is the baltic blue. What other mods do you have?
oh, I forgot about the ebay special! I had one, but it didn't fit, so I returned it :D. Here's why I had to get the car painted: www.mkivsoopra.com/stuff/crappy_paint/ ... that and I've always wanted QS. I've reverted my intake back to stock with a TRD panel filter and have a blitz nur spec now. Also have an HKS AFR and TT rear sway bar... that's about it

·
Supra Member
1,821 Posts
rwsupra.com said:
How do you like the Nur Spec? Any notice in lose of low end? Also how's the sound to you? Throaty?

Ryan
i love the sound! Here's a short video clip with me taking off normally.

Honestly I don't remember how the car drove with the greddy MX or stock catback compared to now. Though I did dyno recently with and without the silencer. I gained a few ft-lbs of torque on the low end with the silencer on. On the top end, the silencer made absolutely no difference. http://www.mkivsoopra.com/stuff/atpdyno.jpg This was with blitz catback, TRD panel filter, and UNtuned AFR.

93anthracite, sorry for jacking your thread :D

·
b00st junkie
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hehe, its all good. Nobody's giving me feedback on it anyways. Too bad bout your targa. I've got a tiny little one of those spots myself, need to find a way to get rid of it. The next mod for the IV will prolly be the TRD sway bars and then possible turning it into a TT (once my wallet recovers from the III). What can I say, I'm addicted to boost :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts