Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just about full bpu and I was thinking in going standalone so I could tune my bpu to squeeze out all the power I can. Plus I am going to go 272s HKS cams with cam gears in the near future and would need to tune for that anyways. So I though I should buy a standalone now.

I see a lot of people running AEM. Is there something people don’t like about the Power FC or HKS F-Con?

I ran the Power FC on my celica and loved it. Is there anyone here who runs the Power FC? Thanks.

ps, I did a search and it just goes blank for the results.

·
Administrator
17,271 Posts
Look up posts from SupraWoman98T (Michelle)...she hangs out in the NorthWest forum and has a Power FC controlling her T78 powered 1998 Supra T.

Steve T.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steve Theodore said:
Look up posts from SupraWoman98T (Michelle)...she hangs out in the NorthWest forum and has a Power FC controlling her T78 powered 1998 Supra T.

Steve T.
Hey thanks a lot Steve. I will look her up. I just could not get the damn search to work...

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
does anyone know if this is a straight plug and play, or if it needs to me modified to work?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If we cant run the Power FC unit, then would the HKS F Con be a better choice?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
17 Posts
as an aside to that question, would the JDM Supra Power FC be able to be used plug and play on a 93 Aristo?

I had a Power FC on an Nissan S13 with SR20 and dont want to go the AEM route on this car either. Power FC would be a plus, since I am looking for a way to rid the car of boost cut, and dont want to use a BCC or FCD on a speed density system.

Thanks!

·
Registered
62 Posts
7THSIGN said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8051254822

the seller of this Power FC is telling me that i will be able to plug and play this unit to my usdm motor becuase it comes with a special harness. is this correct?
That is the wire harness for your PFC to your engine harness its plug and play but you would also have to install intake air temp sensor, a map sensor harness, apex 3 bar map sensor, and air temp sensor. You have to change your MAF in to a MAP pretty much.

·
Registered
62 Posts
DoriftWolf said:
my Jap Market Aristo 2jzgte is already speed density (MAP) so would the ECU be plug and play? dunno if the plugs on the Supra harness are any different??
Not sure but since the Aristo shares the same motor it should be plug and play with out a problem, but i would ask around for more info first.

·
Banned
455 Posts
Does anyone have any real facts why not to use and Power FC. I know the FD and Skyline guys love them...

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BomexSupra said:
That is the wire harness for your PFC to your engine harness its plug and play but you would also have to install intake air temp sensor, a map sensor harness, apex 3 bar map sensor, and air temp sensor. You have to change your MAF in to a MAP pretty much.
I really wish there was a write up on how to do all this. I would love to run a Power FC on our Supra's...

lhduce said:
Does anyone have any real facts why not to use and Power FC. I know the FD and Skyline guys love them...
The Power FC is the best standalone imo. They are used all over Japan and some here.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I received my Power FC today and even though people say you must convert the car from MAF to MAP to run it, I decided to plug it up and see if the car would start.

So I did and to my shock, the car started normal and even before I turned ignition, the car was not making any strange sounds. After starting the engine, the idle was high, around 2,000rpms. I could tell the map that was on it was tuned for a JDM motor maybe.

My question is, if the car turned on, then can it not be tuned? I didn’t think it would start because the car is still MAF and not MAP. Could I have a Power FC that was made for the USDM motor? Strange yet interesting.

·
Power shift that bitch!
1,518 Posts
That is interesting....I had to convert to map. My power fc was sent to AP engineering to get the base map loaded for my car. I also got a jdm harness and a few other conversion sensors. But once everything was plugged in, the car started right up.

Regardless, I love my power fc. its very user friendly has multiple setting that can be adjusted and monitored on the commander such as the map definately less bulkier than a lap top :)

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SupraWoman98T said:
That is interesting....I had to convert to map. My power fc was sent to AP engineering to get the base map loaded for my car. I also got a jdm harness and a few other conversion sensors. But once everything was plugged in, the car started right up.

Regardless, I love my power fc. its very user friendly has multiple setting that can be adjusted and monitored on the commander such as the map definately less bulkier than a lap top :)
Interesting, my Power FC was purchased from AP Engineering. I wonder if the car can be tuned the way it is now since the car is running and the commander is displaying all settings?

·
Power shift that bitch!
1,518 Posts
BTW, when you are tuning be aware that there is a boost setting in the power fc. So if you up the boost on your boost controller and you dont change the power fc then you will start to sputter of course. LOL, I had mine tuned the other day and forgot about that and around 15psi is where it cut out. So i am not sure if its preset to 15psi. But just so all is aware that you have to change that as well.

·
Banned
663 Posts
The only thing I don't like about the powerfc is a lack of knock control. I have tuned them, and other than that they are nice simple EMS to get going.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
SupraWoman98T said:
BTW, when you are tuning be aware that there is a boost setting in the power fc. So if you up the boost on your boost controller and you dont change the power fc then you will start to sputter of course. LOL, I had mine tuned the other day and forgot about that and around 15psi is where it cut out. So i am not sure if its preset to 15psi. But just so all is aware that you have to change that as well.
hmm, pm sent

1 - 20 of 103 Posts