Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo 6spd
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i need your opinions:

i am on a tight budget now and can only manage to invest in either a wideband or dyno tune for high boost so i can actually boost more than 15 psi

i have a single turbo with fuel and aem ems. it sucks doesn't it when you're on a budget and you have to make an important decision...
:(

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
How AEM capable are you?

Adam

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
honestly i dont know much about how to tune the AEM EMS. there are just so many functions and ways to go about tuning it.

there are a few individual car owners who seem to be getting the AEM EMS tuning down at least a bit. i'd definetly ask them and the people who have experience with the EMS.
my best interest would be to LEARN more how it's done and why it's done that way, the big picture of TUNING an EMS. i certainly wouldn't attempt to learn how to tune AEM EMS on my car by myself! :)

right now it has a GREAT map for driveability by sean from torquefreaks! i was just suggested that i don't get on it till i get a wideband or a power tune, due to the fact that i dont know how rich or lean it is.
i'm pretty good at keeping my lead foot off the throttle USUALLY, but since then i have gotten on it a few times. :D it still pulled great but i dont know where the A/F is at.

i'm leaning more toward getting a wideband at this point and staying "patient" until i know what my A/F is and get a power tune...

·
Former Moderator
3,785 Posts
You should really consider the wideband. It's going to give you a good picture of where you stand as far as the AF is concerned. If the AF is safe, you might be able to get on it everytime you drive the car!! :D

-Olivier

S

·
0 Posts
Jason, get the wideband. Don't even consider the dyno tune...a wideband will be infinitely more helpful. Take care!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks a lot guys for the replies and opinions! a lot of people favored and recommended getting the FJO and that's the route i took! so hopefully i get the wideband soon and can see where my A/F is! :)

thanks sean i'm trying to be patient and am doing a pretty good job at not getting on it :D with your map that's installed now, if the a/f is okay, am i able to raise the boost level and check if the A/F is okay at that level too (with race gas of course)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts