Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya i know, should use a BCC. I have a new one in box at home, but the FCD is already installed and im trying to get it to work properly.

I have the adjustment knob on the FCD turned almost all the way to the left, and i just cant get rid of boostcut. Sometimes it doesnt hit boost cut and it will run great.. but most of the time it does hit the boost cut..... could it be something else? I think its wired up properly. I have the stock plugs/gap but im 99% sure its still hitting boost cut, and i havent reached a problem with the plugs yet.

I have a dp/catback and boost controller too. The boost controller is set to the lowest setting. I have a boost gauge as well so its prettly clear its hitting boost cut....

-mike

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have installed FCDs and never had a problem i would re check the wiring !

·
Registered
171 Posts
fleadh said:
Ya i know, should use a BCC. I have a new one in box at home, but the FCD is already installed and im trying to get it to work properly.

I have the adjustment knob on the FCD turned almost all the way to the left, and i just cant get rid of boostcut. Sometimes it doesnt hit boost cut and it will run great.. but most of the time it does hit the boost cut..... could it be something else? I think its wired up properly. I have the stock plugs/gap but im 99% sure its still hitting boost cut, and i havent reached a problem with the plugs yet.

I have a dp/catback and boost controller too. The boost controller is set to the lowest setting. I have a boost gauge as well so its prettly clear its hitting boost cut....

-mike
According to the instruction manual for the HKS FCD, you should be using a Normal type FCD set to channel 9.

Additionally, I think that you’re most likely having problems with your spark plugs… You’re fairly close to BPU (intake, down pipe, exhaust, and more boost) and if I’m not mistaken most BPU cars are running spark plugs with less than stock gapping.

So, I would recommend trying the recommended settings for the FCD along with changing your spark plugs and the gapping.

Good luck! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts