Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think alot of confusion with tuning a/f is people dont know what to tune for. I know for light crusing you want in the range of 14.5 - 14.9, for medium throttle around 13.1 and for wot 11.5 - 12.4. My question is, is this what the 7mgte engine likes?

What A/F ratio does your 7mgte like for light, medium and wot. I'd like to get some opinions on what seems to be the average A/F ratios for the 7mgte. Should be interesting to see what comes up. Also, its a good refrence for everyone.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
not like, safety margin ;)

you could always tune leaner but one bad batch of gas or one increased load that you didn't account for equals to one popped motor.

·
Registered
942 Posts
i personally tune for 11.8-12.0 @ wot. The rest is just about where you stated for light cruising and partial throttle.

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
I persoanlly like to see 11.0 or richer a/f ratios at WOT. I'll leave 30hp on the table if i can drive the thing without worry for 100k miles.

The rest of the stuff the stock ECU will take care of. Anything under WOT should be stoich just as the stock ECU wants it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
What are you guys using for refrence for best torque a/f ratio.....seat of your pants, g-tech, dyno??
I know dyno would be the best way, but does the g-tech work for a street tune??

·
Registered
259 Posts
I just ordered a wideband and will be tuning this weekend... just a solid street tune...

I was wondering if there was any difference in spool up between being fatter and leaner...

Are there any tricks like, starting off leaner at low end,and then getting fatter at the top of the rpm range, or vice versa? Or is it just to keep it real consistant?

Im new to tuning but got a nice datalogging innovative wideband to help me...

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
Leaner will help with spool, but good luck getting the stock ECU to do that for ya.

I would tune it for 11.0 to 1. And keep the wideband on it at all times just to monitor things. It WILL change with weather and humidity.

Only make changes to anything that is wot. Don't change the part thottle maps. I'd guess you have an AFC and can do that. Make the WOT map switch point at 75% throttle. if you get into it enough.. you'll want to chuck the stock ECU and get an AEM. that's where I am now.

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
aljordan said:
I persoanlly like to see 11.0 or richer a/f ratios at WOT. I'll leave 30hp on the table if i can drive the thing without worry for 100k miles.

The rest of the stuff the stock ECU will take care of. Anything under WOT should be stoich just as the stock ECU wants it.
Couldnt agree more, go a little rich for some insurance...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts