Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

What there are for possibilities for the small poketmoney, to get the last HP from the Supra and make a perfekt tuned car?

The first step i want to do is to remote the original EGR.

Later, i want to build a closed airfilterbox and use the original intercooler pipes, to transport fresh, cold air to the box (the PHR intercoolerpipes going down to the enginebay)

After a lot of mods i want to reach the 600 HP @ crankshaft, without doing a fuelupgrade. (btw: using 100 oktan fuel)

hope you have some ideas

Here is a list of some mods:

- PHR Stage 1 Turbokit
- Greddy 3 Row FMIC
- Greddy oilcatchtank
- Profec B Gen II Boost Controller
- GReddy BCC
- Zeitronix Widebandkit
- JE Pistons + Ringgaps (oversize)
- Peuter Rods
- Unorthodox Racing Cam Gears
- Mezier el. watterpump
- ARP hardware complete
- Clevite77 Engine Bearing Kit
- Fluidyne radiator
- Flex-a-Lite Dual el Fans
- 25-Row oilcooler
- 272° SSE camshafts
- Shim-under-Bucket Conversion
- HKS 1.7 mm gasket
- Tanabe Super Hyper Medallion
- 3" Downpipe (at moment without high flow cat)
- RPS Stage 3 Carbon Sintermetall
- Fidanza Aluminium Flywheel

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ok. Mabye the valvesprings, but the rest are not for the small poketmoney ;)

Maybe i will update the fuel pump at first.

I´ve heard of a new electro compressor, which do not have to be pluged in to the belt.

It runs on low rpms for better spooling and switch off on higher rpms to not to disturb.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Small pocketmoney? Buy all the parts used. Doesn't the PHR stage 1 kit use a cast manifold? Forget internal engine work and get a fuel system instead.

·
Registered
907 Posts
if you get an aem, there wont be any need for the cam gears. maybe 1 for the exhaust but really not neccassry

·
Turbo Pilot Since 1983
1,116 Posts
What about going with a VPC/GCC or VPC E-manage as opposed to the AEM. Engine internals, do you need a rebuild? Very small gain with the rebuild and again why those upgrades for the desired power? If your going to go with a rebuild why not consider porting and valve upgrades for the head and an upgraded VW intake? The smaller turbo may run out of gas prior to achieving the max out of the intake and head upgrade but If your going AEM and money is no expense, why not. What about the injectors, are you running 550? I forget are euro spec MkIV’s are like j-spec, 450 as opposed to 550’s consider upgrading them?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The euro specs MKIV has 550 injektors.

The fuelsystem is original. maybe i will install a second original fuelpump.

Maybe i will do a fuel and ecu upgrade this year, but at mom i would like invest the money for styling. (bodykit, new paint, new leather, e.g)

I thougt to tune some details like the EGR, the custom Airintake Box and something like this ->

Bevor: http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/fuel_bypass_line/DSC00095.JPG
After: http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/fuel_bypass_line/DSC00085.JPG

These are some details, that can be made at a weekend for a little money :)

·
Supra owner
421 Posts
Dave Capone said:
why no fuel upgrade yet your willing to buildup the bottom end?
Yep, don't make a lot of sense :dunno:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts