Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm posting this from the mkiv discussion. When I drive with the ac on the car tends to stall out when the clutch is pushed in. Ok here are the idle setting:

Hi idle car speed 220 MPH
Hi idle rpm offset 100 rpm
High idle wait time 2.0 S
Idle off if TP over 1.17%
Idle on if TP over 1.56%
Idle FB above 400 rpm
Idle FB below 1800 rpm
Idle A/C load comp 1.95%
A/C on delay 0.00 S

Also, the laptop connects every third time to the aem, but it goes online, offline over and over. I'm using a Belkin serial to usb connector. Is this the problem? And what is the best connector out there?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
elite racing said:
I'm posting this from the mkiv discussion. When I drive with the ac on the car tends to stall out when the clutch is pushed in. Ok here are the idle setting:

Hi idle car speed 220 MPH
Hi idle rpm offset 100 rpm
High idle wait time 2.0 S
Idle off if TP over 1.17%
Idle on if TP over 1.56%
Idle FB above 400 rpm
Idle FB below 1800 rpm
Idle A/C load comp 1.95%
A/C on delay 0.00 S

Also, the laptop connects every third time to the aem, but it goes online, offline over and over. I'm using a Belkin serial to usb connector. Is this the problem? And what is the best connector out there?
Try changing your A/C on delay to 1.0 or 1.5 S.
I just use the serial cable that came with the AEM...NEVER have had a problem connecting. I've heard of a few people having problems with using a USB connector though.

Tim

·
Registered
379 Posts
if you check the aem forums there is a huge discussion about usb to serial adapters. I would venture to say that is your problem connecting. Try connectiting with another computer that has a serial port and see if it has any issues. but that only takes care of 1/2 of your problem. like basupra said though I'd try changing your ac delay to 1-1.5s

Hope that helps

James

·
1100+rwhp member
1,728 Posts
The ac delay is only for how long it gives the engine time to comensate the higher idle before the actual compressor comes on. So it does not have nothing to do with how the vehicle gets to a stop with the ac on. Bring up the compensation a couple of %'s and try again. Let me know

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I'm buying a quatech ssb-100 serial port type II to see if that solves the problem

·
Registered
807 Posts
elite racing said:
Thanks. I'm buying a quatech ssb-100 serial port type II to see if that solves the problem
it will solve it...

monitor your Idle learned % when the car is starting to idle down with the AC on

Justin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts