Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a greddy e-manage blue that was not installed yet. my turbo project is going to happen in a few weeks. i was wondering if it would be easier to sell the e-manage and get an apexi safc2 instead. im going to be running a 7 pound spring in the waistgate but if i get a boost controller would it be easier to change the boost on the fly with the e-manage or the safc? im saying so i dont have to pull out the laptop and change the tune, or do i just need the same tune and i can run higher boost with it(i dont know anything about this stuff yet. but im learning). money is an issue for me so i cant just dish out the 500 bucks for the profec eo-1 for my boost controller. just let me know what you guys think!

·
Registered
573 Posts
You seem a bit confused, which is understandable. Post up your engine, turbo and fuel setup, along with HP goals, and we'll go from there.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a 94 stock 5 speed supra. since money is a problem for me i went with the xs power kit because i have been told its reliable at my HP goals. im looking to run 320-350 hp as my daily driver but would deff like to be able to bump it up to around 400 on the weekends (or if a lil 4 cylander turbo pulls up next to me :))

so i have:

xspower t61 turbo
xspower 3 inch intercooler
hks style 40 mm wastgate with a 7 pound spring
BOV
xspower tubular manifold
2.5 inch intercooler piping
3 inch catback exhuast
1.3 mm tt headgasket
mk3 440cc injectors
walbro fuel pump

Electronics:
-greddy emanage blue
-aem uego wideband

what im looking for is the easiest way to use a boost controller and be able to up the boost the easiest way. i dont wanna have to take out the laptop and change the maf around if im going to up the boost. and remember money is an issue with me so i cant just go out and splerge on everything you kno. so would it be easier to sell the e-manage and buy a safc2 instead? any help would be usefull.

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
I have heard that the emange cant be used properly with out cars. The SAFC route seems to be the way to go on low buget and been in used for quite some time on NA-T supra's without problems. IMO on a tight buget to should either get a good used boost guage and a manual boost controller or for about the same amount try and get a simple electronic boost controller like the HKS EZ and a good used boost guage. Take you time and look around in the sale section of the forum, you can often get both item for a good price. I also recommend you change you stock MAF to a Lexus MAF to support the 440cc injectors. I have one for sale if you need one and you will also need a resistor pack to run the MKIII injectors.

·
Registered
573 Posts
wow... we are running pretty much the exact same set-up. I ended up going with 550cc injectors and a VPC + SAFC combo. I think that having an SAFC is a smart tuning investment. I don't have much experience with the EManage so I don't think I can answer your high boost/low boost question. I think you'll save yourself a lot of trouble in the long run if you pick a boost level and tune around it, especially if you go with a MAP setup. The high/low boost setting is more benefitial to the guys who are running pump gas & race gas. I'm sure more of the NA-T guys will chime in soon enough.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kk... i think im going to sell the e-manage than and pick up a safc 2. and i might be interested in the lexus maf but let me do the turbo install first, im planning on doing the basic install and then within that month pick up the injectors/pump/and headgasket. my uncle was a machanic for 30 somethin years and he said he would help me with the headgasket. so i think thats what imma do. im planning on doing my install in the first week of june and i will deff keep you posted on that maf.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts