Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basic Mods :
AVCR Boost controller - set @ OFF , Set at 1.05 abr , Set @ 1.15 ( starts hitting cut)
SAFC-II
Cat back 3 inch exhaust with test pipe.
2J Map Sensor
2J 550 INjectors
K&N Filter
Stock MKIII pump.

The AVCR was fine tuned first to hold boost better and then SAFC was tuned.
Couldn't up the power much due to boost cut but I was really there to get my A/F right.
I need a boost cut controller before i start cranking the boost up for more power.
I also think my stock downpipe is jst not cutting it.
I do have the y-pipe and downpipe waiting to go in.

Power/Torque made : 257hp / 252lbs/ft

Car runs and drives so smooth now that its tuned. No more smoky tail pipes :)

Any tips or tricks guys for future tuning??

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OneJoeZee said:
257 seems low :[
Is it?

Doesn't Mustang dyno give off a lower reading compared to other hub based dynos ???

On my MKIII with 7m, the dynajet read 342hp/347 torque, but on a mustang dyno it read only 292 hp and similar torque, ...
I don't know why though...

Car does feel awake though ...I love it..

·
Registered
427 Posts
Why so low on the a/f? I always shoot for 12.0:1

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
yea thats apretty low a/f on astock twin car.. 11.5-12.0 is a good range to shoot for..

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
I would deff lean it out more. You wont see too much more though due to the DP mainly. But the Y pipe is the other restriction. Get that DP off there and you will notice a huge difference.
How much fuel are you pulling out? I would assume the boost cut would hit a little higher.

On a dynojet that would be about 295whp. So I think that sounds pretty stout

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PM-Performance said:
I would deff lean it out more. You wont see too much more though due to the DP mainly. But the Y pipe is the other restriction. Get that DP off there and you will notice a huge difference.
How much fuel are you pulling out? I would assume the boost cut would hit a little higher.

On a dynojet that would be about 295whp. So I think that sounds pretty stout
The car by no means feels slow or powerless. I took it out for a run and acceleration is pretty instantaneuos and pulls very hard now.

We tried to lean it out but it started hitting the cut too soon at the same boost level @ 1.15bar.

I need to get a BCC as well to eliminate the boost cut to raise it higher..thats what was limiting me making power as well.

We did get a run in with leaning it out a bit and got 271hp, but I scratched that run since it looked kinda dangerous.

I have the y-pipe and downpipe ready to go in - just wanted to get a good number to gauge the before and after effects.

Like I said , the gas here is pretty crappy at the moment so did not want to risk any damage in search of that extra few hp which is the reason for running a bit richer.

I appreciate the comments and suggestions guys. Keep em coming and i'll be definitely making my notes for the next run. :)

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,223 Posts
mustang dynos are about 30 HP off most ppl say but 271 is real low... consdiering most ppl at 1 bar are running 350 whp.

do a compression check?

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
I did two passes with an Injen intake, ex cam retarded 2.5 degrees, stock n/a exhaust, stock boost, automatic transmission no other mods. 270hp 275lb torque on a dynojet with a slipping tranny and leaking bov... running in the mid 10's A/F.

Most people with OEM injectors and 16psi boost actually lean their car out.

Go back to the OEM 380cc injectors, stock MAP sensor, and take off the SAFC. Every bone stock 1JZ i've ever seen makes around 240-250hp to the wheels. You successfully did every mod that makes it slower and evened out your HP killing mods by running more boost to bring the power back to stock level, thank you for playing please try again.

:)

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
VJ RC51 said:
I did two passes with an Injen intake, ex cam retarded 2.5 degrees, stock n/a exhaust, stock boost, automatic transmission no other mods. 270hp 275lb torque on a dynojet with a slipping tranny and leaking bov... running in the mid 10's A/F.

Most people with OEM injectors and 16psi boost actually lean their car out.

Go back to the OEM 380cc injectors, stock MAP sensor, and take off the SAFC. Every bone stock 1JZ i've ever seen makes around 240-250hp to the wheels. You successfully did every mod that makes it slower and evened out your HP killing mods by running more boost to bring the power back to stock level, thank you for playing please try again.

:)
quit lying.. you had no exhaust! lol..

hes putting ~ 280-290 down on a dynojet.. not horrible.. about right i say.. a 3" dp will help out..

The soarers have different (better imo) ecus.. they seem to perform better

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
id guesstimate mine was a good 325-350whp or so when I was on the twins. But still i think that stock DP is killing you. Is there a cat on it too?

You will feel a world of difference with it off.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
tissimo said:
quit lying.. you had no exhaust! lol..

hes putting ~ 280-290 down on a dynojet.. not horrible.. about right i say.. a 3" dp will help out..

The soarers have different (better imo) ecus.. they seem to perform better

Factory Downpipe? :) I would have made more HP with the exhaust on.

I was using a chaser ECU.. Caused my tranny to slip in every gear. Also the ign/timing maps are very mild.

I hope to be around 320whp on 10psi next time i make some pulls. I should have been 280+ during that dyno day if i didnt have issues.

On 18psi with the sardine ecu, 3in dp and 2jzgte cams i hope to be 350+

·
turbo....................
1,057 Posts
Get a bcc and try to get it tune again.
Its all about tuning.

tony

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
PM-Performance said:
id guesstimate mine was a good 325-350whp or so when I was on the twins. But still i think that stock DP is killing you. Is there a cat on it too?

You will feel a world of difference with it off.
Cat back is 3"inch - cat replaced with test pipe though.
Yeah the condition of the stock downpipe sucks ass...at certain locations its crush bent or jst bent and stuff..

HP is not an issue for me - driveabilty is, since this is my daily driver...and I love how it drives at the moment.Feels so much lighter when accelerating :)

Hopefully a higher number can be posted after the y-pipe and downpipe changes to make the HP obsessed guys feel better.. haha..

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
yea.. im gonna play with the stock twins and see what I can get out of em with my new car :) hopfully I can prove my self wrong.. but it seems soarers (im sure the chaser is the ssame timing maps as soarer) seem to run better (1/4 mile mph) mod for mod.. and they being auto and weight the same / more....

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
VJ RC51 said:
Factory Downpipe? :) I would have made more HP with the exhaust on.

I was using a chaser ECU.. Caused my tranny to slip in every gear. Also the ign/timing maps are very mild.

I hope to be around 320whp on 10psi next time i make some pulls. I should have been 280+ during that dyno day if i didnt have issues.

On 18psi with the sardine ecu, 3in dp and 2jzgte cams i hope to be 350+

Comparing your numbers to mine is like comparing oranges to apples :
You have played around with your cams and ecu and probably dynoing in different conditions as well ...temp, humidity, etc. etc.
You are also comparing numbers on two different dynos types as well...

So it doesn't really justify when u say I should be making upto or similar numbers as you....

I would love to try a cam and such but man those have to wait ... too much mulaaa$$$ for that .. lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts