Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
GA Rocks!
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone,

I put my FMIC on two weeks ago and now I am having more problems stopping the boost from spiking. I am thinking of going ETTC. I have the boost set at 1.2 bars with the duty at 72%. The feedback is set to 2 1 1 1 1. In 6th the car hit 1.4 bars. If i turn the duty down anymore it takes forever to spool, but when it does kick in it kicks in strong. any suggestions would be great!

M

·
0 Posts
i have the same problems...
i`ve install fmic and at duty 72 i have had 1.52!!! (with avc at 1.3)
now i have 1.35 bar and duty at 46.
start duty:
1st gear +6
2nd +6
3rd +4
4th +2
i`m driving at but i think you must decrease duty and increase start duty in the same own i make it... probably for 4th +3,for 5th+2 and for 6th+1...
just check it
good luck by testing...
cu
mac

·
GA Rocks!
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mac,

What i am thinking, reset the avc-r and hardwire the TTC mod. Now let the avc-r learn the boost in each gear. I had to take learn mode off since that uses fuzzy logic, but that would work if we had it in ttc. that way i would be able to control the boost and not blow anything. if you have the duty turned down that low then the you will have slow spooling. I noticed it in my car. maybe we should try to turn the boost to say 1.0 bar at a duty for 75.

Sid

M

·
0 Posts
i`ve reset my avc-r and it was not better...
you must test it for you...
at and mt are something different...
cu
mac

B

·
0 Posts
AVC-R problems

I have done quite a few setups on the AVC-R (mostly singles), so I would offer my humble opinion. If you don't want to run TTC, there may be other things to try than dropping the boost pressure or changing the start duty. Lowering the pressure will probably still spike, but be in safe levels, so it isn't the best compromise. Changing the start duty would work if you happen to shift at the right point, so again a way to compromise.

I would go in and actually edit the individual rpm points for boost solenoid duty cycle instead of picking just one and letting the AVC-R try to figure it out. That way you could bump it up during your prespool time and then back it off when it spools again. I don't know how accurate you can be with this but I bet if you place three NE points in succession with each the minimum 500 rpms apart, all situated around your prespool area you could probably get it pretty close. Then perhaps you could get a better pressure. You could also try editing the target pressure map NE points as well. Turn it down a bit during the #2 spool up and then jack it up when it is behaving safely. Naturally, you want to get rid of the fuzzy logic crap to do this or it will totally mess with your settings if it ever decides it has a good point to start with.

I think with the big FMIC, the computer will try to react too fast to the fact that it thinks the pressure isn't arriving at the duty cycle it is working with even though the pressure is just taking a bit of time to make it through the whole intercooler piping. You could try increasing the reaction time to see if that helps, but that is more just to control how fast it makes changes to the duty cycle for all points. I would try varying the duty cycle with rpm's and turn the learn mode off.
:)

·
GA Rocks!
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mark,

I read your comment about the boost control setup. Many many questions for you….

Sequential questions:

1. You are saying make sure I have the f/b off? That way boost will only be rpm specific?

2. Turn the learn gear off.

3. turn the start duty down in the 4th and 5th gear?

4. Modify what I want for boost by adjusting the boost setting per rpm?

5. Modify what I want for boost by adjusting the duty setting per rpm?

TTC questions:

1. Would fuzzy logic work?

2. Is that what you have setup on the singles that you have worked on?

3. Turn learn gears on

4. Turn feed back on

5. Turn start duty down in 4th and 5th gear

6. Leave the boost setting per rpm alone rpm.

7. Leave the duty setting alone per rpm.

Thanks for you time.

Sid

·
966 Posts
You realize this thread is about 3 years old right? :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
hungwin jza80 said:
You realize this thread is about 3 years old right? :)
Sorry. :( I've been doing so many different searches on AVCR tuning on a single, Meth, etc. it's starting to get blurry. *errr*

·
966 Posts
No prob, just with that much time passed, the info you find may not be valid or the people may not even be members anymore.

Good luck with your tuning though!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts