Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2 weekends ago I was on the freeway with my wife, luggage, presents, and a 11 gallon gas tank (empty) on board, heading home from a weekend trip. It was around 8:30pm.

I can't remember if I came up behind him or if he caught up to me but I was in the far left lane and heard revving and a BOV to my right. I looked over and it was a young kid with a turbo 240 with some gauges. He floored it and took off then let off. I dropped it to 3rd and blasted by him then let off and put it in 5th. He stayed back for a while and then the highway straightened out. Sure enough he got up next to me. I looked over with a grin, he returned the favor.

I dropped it to 4th, then 3rd, rev matching in between. We were doing about 50 now. I looked over and he was looking at me and itching to go. I heard him tap the gas and saw him lurch forward a little. Then I nailed it.

waaaaaaaaaa (queue 2nd turbo) WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Slammed it in 4th. Put a few more cars on him. Looking in my rear view, I'm going to guess 1 bus length. I hit the brakes to signal I was done. In the past I would just let off and coast but my opponents thought I peaked out and they caught up :lol: Not this time.

A few seconds later he caught up. I told my wife to wave at him. He smiled and gave the thumbs up. He then dropped back and I went on my way.

I asked my wife if she had fun and she said yes. Normally she'd be hitting me and yelling at me to pull over so she could drive :)

I'll have to peruse the 240 boards to see if anybody posted about a run-in with The PUNISHR :)

said gas tank:

·
Registered
317 Posts
great kill MIke, sounds like you and your wife had fun. Perhaps in the near future I will get another chance at you, but this time from a dig. ;)

:D

·
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Euro450 said:
great kill MIke, sounds like you and your wife had fun. Perhaps in the near future I will get another chance at you, but this time from a dig. ;)

:D
Dang it I typed a response but the server was overloaded :mad:

From a dig? You have something up your sleeve? :)

·
Nautical Blue MR2T
1,520 Posts
Nice kill. Good to know that not all young kids are cocky ricers...

By the way... does your wife know you're the Pron King?

·
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Po' Kid said:
Nice kill. Good to know that not all young kids are cocky ricers...

By the way... does your wife know you're the Pron King?
Thanks.

Yes :p

·
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Po' Kid said:
Niiiiice. She must have a soft spot in her heart for all the guys in the world...
lol. well she knows, but she isn't too thrilled :)

·
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Euro450 said:
ya, new tires.... :)

...not to mention mad driving skillz. :D
sweet, what tires?

I'm not too shabby off the line myself :)

If anybody says they beat me from a dig make sure they don't leave out the fact that I had 5% tread :(

·
Registered
317 Posts
DrMike said:
sweet, what tires?

I'm not too shabby off the line myself :)

If anybody says they beat me from a dig make sure they don't leave out the fact that I had 5% tread :(
I got the Pirelli PZero Nero M&S

lol, I know what you mean. I was down to the threads on mine (didn't realize it). when they were in slightly better condition I ran at Pacific Raceways and couldn't get a better 60' than a 2.4 :eek: With these new tires I hope to do much better. Anyway, I know your not too shabby off the line, ive seen a vid of you at a track beating an 03 cobra. Still, it would be fun. I havn't been beat in a while and I think I may need to be humbled. :D

C

·
0 Posts
Nice kill, at first I thought you were talking about a volvo 240 turbo and I was going to make fun of you, anyway, well done.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts