Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 93 TT and when i accleerate it sounds like a i have a supercharger (high piched whine) it's not as loud though, still takes off and doesn't seem like i have a problem.
Next question: how much nirtous can my car take safely, its an auto, and totaly stock.

thanks

N

·
0 Posts
Nitrous on Supra TT

I'm not a mechanic, but I've been around Supras for a little while. So take it for what is worth. I think the high pitch noise you hear while boosting comes from loose exhaust manifold botlts, or loose turbo mounting bolts. My Supra is an Turbo MKIII, so it's different. I think, thou, that if you look around and probe around the turbo, you are going to find loose bolts. Your boost escapes at high pressure, making the noise you hear. You find the air leak, you will find more HP, and the noise is gone. Now, all this is invalid if you have a bad turbo. Of course, you don't mention any other problems, so I still think you have a boost leak. Nitrous: You say your car is stock. I think there are better ways to make power, at least initially, than to go with nitrous. Upgrade the intake, exhaust, install a boost controller, and you are in business, while still having a pretty reliable and quick car. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts