Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone done work to a Turbo A??

im picking one up in 2-3 days and yeah i have like $6k (spending $2k on 18" rims and tyres) to spend on it, just wondering if anyone else has done some basic mods to there turbo A's

PS. will post some pics of it real soon, its perfect condition, almost show car standard!

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
all i can say, is you better take lots of photos.....;)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
also wondering, can you guys even get the Turbo A's over in USA?

probley a stupid question but yeah... :p

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
ehhh you might be able to grey market the car, but none were officialy imported over here..:mad: :mad:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aww poor USa... :p

anyone if anyone has any info on them that would be helpfull, or if anyone has modded some then yeah i would love to hear it, i done a search and got nothing... :(

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i bought mine modded, pretty nice! i would say get fmic and bigger turbo with ur cash

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Bastards... lucky bastards..

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is a factory Turbo A -- Special Edition which was a limited factory run of 500 cars. The Turbo A package included:

Larger cams
Larger injectors
TRD twin plate HD clutch
Higher boost level with an upgraded compressor wheel on the turbo
TRD limited slip diff (with longer legs than the standard Supra)
TRD / Bilstein suspension
Leather interior (optional)

thats all the info i got on Turbo A's :( but yeah i would say we are lucky barstards! :D

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
BlackGlass said:
This is a factory Turbo A -- Special Edition which was a limited factory run of 500 cars. The Turbo A package included:

Larger cams
Larger injectors
TRD twin plate HD clutch

thats all the info i got on Turbo A's :( but yeah i would say we are lucky barstards! :D
GREAT PLATFORM!!! Get 3+inch exhaust and an electronic boost controller and run that sucker until fuel cut. This should be simple ... it is still a 7mgte. Anyone know where fc is on the 7mgte A and what excatly was the size of the upgraded ct26 compressor wheel on the A?

The suspension/diff/turboupgrade/clutch/injectors/cams are priceless options for upgrades. I wish we had those, stock, here.

I am going to run a search in a minute but what did the A cost new in comparison to the new USDM standard mk3Turbo 7mgte?

Anyone know if they made ANY in LHD?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well im gettingm ine for $11,500 AUS with rego for another 4 months

whic hs fucking good, its about the average price for mk3's around in decent condition, but this is a Turbo A, its "PERFECT" condtion, its totaly stock (so i can do mods MYSELF! YAY!) and yeah im soo happy with the find!, oh there was one mod done, 3" turbo back exhaust, was done 3 months ago, its only been in australia for 6 months....... oh it has 108ks on it........ had all belts changed at 100k!

so yeah will start a new thread with pics and keep the thread updated as i slowly mod it! :D

hehehe get to dump $5-6k into it straight away! :D

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh with the compresser wheel, m not sure how much bigger it is, but i know its a steel wheel, i think.......

yet another thing im not sure about untill i actually get it and can have a real good look at it!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sorry to keep posting/spaming, but another stupid question, done a search but didn't really find exactly what i was lookignfor :S

can i fit 18x8 wheel on a mk3? front and back

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
BlackGlass said:
sorry to keep posting/spaming, but another stupid question, done a search but didn't really find exactly what i was lookignfor :S

can i fit 18x8 wheel on a mk3? front and back
Most likely. 17x8.5 fit no prob in front, and 17x10 fit no prob in back, so I assume you'd be able to have plenty of room with those.

·
Registered
397 Posts
BlackGlass said:

Larger cams
Larger injectors
TRD twin plate HD clutch

Dude... don't believe everythinig Geoff says. He doesn't know what he's talking about a lot of the time. I too went by what he said at first, but have since found out that he's wrong. They have the following factory mods:

- Bigger front mount intercooler
- Hiflowed turbo
- Longer duration cams
- MAP sensed intake
- Bigger throttle body and butterfly valve
- Bigger 3000 pipe
- Thicker sway bars
- Bilstein shocks
- TRD springs
- Momo steering wheel
- Momo gear knob
- 200kw at stock boost (7psi)

Turbo A's do not have:

Larger cams (longer duration, yes)
Larger injectors
TRD twin plate HD clutch
Higher boost level (runs 7psi)
TRD limited slip diff
Leather interior (optional) - Leather was not an option on Turbo A's. It was standard.

Can't wait to see pics of ur ride. It'll be nice to see another Turbo A in mint conditon like mine (now sold - to a guy at the Gold Coast. You guys should meet up)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
for sure would love to ride wiht him

but the one im getting doesn't have leather interior........ so i think it was an option, as everything else checks out for it being a turbo A

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you wanted to be a god to all the US guys you would take out that ECU and map sensor, get it copied, make it cheap, and send it to the US. It would be a great way to get around the AFM.

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
Cz213 said:
If you wanted to be a god to all the US guys you would take out that ECU and map sensor, get it copied, make it cheap, and send it to the US. It would be a great way to get around the AFM.
Yesss!!!!:D ;)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
RiGo, actually yeah i am, your old car... :p

anything you wanna tell me about the car?, and also i have posted in australian forums that im looking for Mags for it if u know of any... :p

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Is the turbo-a exhaust the same as a regular Supra one, or is there something else going on there?

Never saw anything mentioned about that.

Thank you.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts