Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to turbos, and i was wondering about the Stock Twins on Supras. What is the stock PSI of the turbos on the supras, and can the boost level be adjusted with stock turbos on the supra, and if so is it safe for them????

Nick
91 Supra(na)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Check out the faq page at www.MKIV.com for lots of good info. The stock boost is set to 11 psi. Yes that figure can be increased by a great deal. A downpipe and exhaust change will raise boost to 14 psi. The MKIV site goes into detail on different ways to raise boost from there.
BTW the ECU will cut fuel if it senses boost above stock levels, but that can be defeated with the Greddy BCC for about $100. BEWARE boost is addictive!!!!!

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Last I checked...

FAQ page is down and has been for sometime due to revisions being made. Not sure why it was pulled offline to do this but it was...

·
Registered
658 Posts
As mentioned the faq is down, Lonestar answer was right ont he money though. For about 1000-1500 you can go from stock hp 320crank hp to about 500. I would also add a 3" exhast system to what was mentioned. The longevity of the turbo is comprimised soem by pushing up the boost however judicious use of boost below and upto 18 psi is not too bad replacment of the stock turbo if and when you burn them out is in the 1800 dollar range. The engine is built to take mor e boos than the stock turbos can make so you should not kill the expensive parts by over boosting. One hugh attraction of the supra is the ease and inexpensive nature of obtaining large amount of hp while the car is still docile enough to be an everyday driver.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts