2,241 Posts
you hooked that wheel up alright hehehee
your inlet even looks jankidy...did that happen to or previous stuff

·
Premium Member
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea...it sucks
I just noticed the inlet as of today when I took the Intake Pipe off. I am in the process of installing an oil catch can.
The car felt like nothing was wrong, I was boosting fine. But now that I see this...no driving until it gets fixed.
Next on the list is a compression test and I'll go from there I guess.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
T78-33d is limited in power to be honest with you.
T88-34d made good useable power;)

forced performance can get it fixed for you probably
they deal with Mitsu turbos alot
i bought my seals from them for my T88

·
Registered
820 Posts
Sorry to hear that trace. Sin remeber that he is on stock fuel so GT45 might be to big for him unless he has fuel system in his mind.

8,181 Posts
T88 is goining back on the talon. not much harm done there trece, use your scholorship grant for e-man, fuel and turbo. :sadance:

·
Registered
275 Posts
looks like it ran with out a filter
i dont see how dirt can do that
i have had my T88 with no rebuild for about 8 years with a greddy filter and its not even close to looking like that. i have even pulled my filter off at the track.

when you get it rebuilt make sure there are no deep scores inside the compressor housing.

you might even want to get a new compressor housing

hope this helps

augie

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
Ouch!

·
Premium Member
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ive got everything pulled off (turbo, manifold, dp, ic). looks like there is no other damage so far.
Im thinking about sending my turbo and manifold to deadbolt. Can some of you give me some feedback about this company?
I mainly want to send it to them so they can coat and rebuild the turbo all in house so i dont have to mess with shipping different parts across the country. Initial inspection/estimate is $50 + shipping which will go towards the rebuild if I choose. Let me know if this is a place you would send your turbo.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Ive got a turbo sitting here that needs rebuilt as well. Please let me know the results and if that shop is worth dealing with. Anybody else know of any places to have a turbo rebuilt?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts