Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$$ Turbo Dilema $$

My curret problem is as follows:

I have two turbos that apparently have bad shafts in them (some minor scrapes to the bottom, says my local turbo expert... and he is a pro so I trust his word)

Its going to cost me 187$ to replace the shaft regardless,
and the upgrade locally costs 550$ (i worked him down from what he normally charges) so Im basically looking at spending 700$ to get my ct26 upgraded to the 60-1, and I think thats a little outrageuos (sp). Is there any setup that I can go with that will cost me approx. the same amount (which is my new trubo budget now)

If I go w/ a garret ill have to get lines and a wastegate and such.

So I was just wondering if any1 out there has any advise.

thanks in advance,
cassio

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
have him replace the shaft, then send it to PT for 450!

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was thinking the same, but in the end I still have to pay shipping and etc., and he is local and if I have any problems I know where to go, and I can take my car to him, or my turbo when a problem arises. **edit** although I dont think I have to pay taxes for CA, since Im in FL

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I'd go with the 60/63 option, but you still have to call for pricing on the internal wastegate option. You can make an adaptor to bolt a Garrett T3 flange to a ct manifold but it would need to have provisions for an external wastegate if you went that route and good chance you be over your budget.

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
damnit... then I guess my only other alternative is ??? paying 700$ for an upgraded CT? that kind of sux.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.