Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My younger brother just picked up a 87 non turbo supra for $500. We got it from my girlfriends cousin who doesn't even use it. And was selling it for $1000. Anyway, it runs, looks good, but needs work. The exhaust has a leak in it and he wants to replace it with an aftermarket exhaust. Since he plans on getting a turbo engine later down the line, would it be better money wise, to get a turbo exhaust. Will it bolt on to a non turbo supra? Or should he just get a na exhaust.

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
A turbo exhaust is too big for the NA car. An ideal size for our turbo exhaust is 3 inch piping all the way with no cats and restrictions. The NA's need back pressure for them to be able to run properly. If he drops the turbo exhaust on the NA, he will feel a drastic difference in the pickup. Either way, if you have a turbo and stock pipes for it, get performance exhaust for YOUR car and take your stock piping off and slap it on the NA car, that is a very decent upgrade for both cars.

Kruso

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
replace the leaking gasket. If it was a $500 supra, you ought to plan on more repairs in the coming months instead of modifications... Once you feel confident it is up to snuff, then start modifying.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
do you mean the stock cat back turbo exhaust? i think they bold right up, it is an upgrade being htat the turbo exhaust is 2.5

1 - 4 of 4 Posts