Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

Looking for a little feedback here, I have decided to go with a very responsive system as its gunna be a full out street car. Have a few questions about the 6062 or 6065 turbo size..

Ball Bearing or stick with journal?
- Want to know if the extra cash is worth it for the small RPM increases on this size turbo?

What housing do you guys recommend the .6 or .8 A/R?
- HP goals are 500-600whp

What recommendations do you guys have on brands?
- I primarily deal with [email protected] and he is offering me really good pricing on Comp, and I like the idea of the oil-less turbos... But other opinions are always good.

Note: Manifold is overkill but will upgrade in the future once I am bored lol

Comp CT3-6062 w/.63 or .82?
Sound Performance QSV
PHR Twin Gated Manifold
Twin Tial 38mm gates
3" to 4" downpipe
4" midpipe
4" boost logic exhaust

Greddy 3 Row Intercooler
Greddy Type-R BOV
Titan 272 Cams
Full Supertech Valvetrain (standard valves, dual springs)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Braden

·
Registered
378 Posts
You will make easily 550-600whp with that setup if not more depending how much you boost it.

I would go a 6062 .63 a/r, and go 264 cams not 272 for better response.

Use as much 4" intake and exhaust piping as possible.

Most people will tell you it's too small, but look at my setup, best response ever.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya thats what I was thinking but I don't want to get too ahead of myself with numbers, I have had good numbers with Supra's before at low boost and my tuner is extremely knowledgeable so it should be easily obtained. The only issue against me is our altitude of 4000ft.. Cams are gunna stay 272, just cause I got a stupid good deal on them. Hopefully it doesn't effect my response too much. Intake piping will be full 3" and exhaust is 4" of course.

Anyone have recommendations on Triple BB or Journal? and does anyone have dyno sheets of these turbos on a 2J? With the QSV & similar setup would be even better.

Regards,

Braden

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.