Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Time for change
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.3800pro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2802.

Video link is inside. Im surprised, I made a turbo kit for the GTP, I got a client with it on now, its a street setup, but my kits got a T62-1 with .81 A/R, we shall see what kinda horse it puts down tuned but.

Good cam, Crappy ported stock heads, at 29 psi = 619fwhp.

And don't tell me it sucks because its FWD

'98 Grand Prix GTP - 10.195 @ 137.75 mph (1.569 60')

not a bad 60 foot, although its gay cause its got traction bars to prevent weight x-fer hehehhe :]

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
Beau said:
And don't tell me it sucks because its FWD
It sucks because it is FWD.

Fast car, but I have never liked GM FWD mid-sized cars. Poor build quality, poor reliability.

·
Kancho Battle Garage
850 Posts
That site is unreliable, just like those fuckin cars. Link no worky, well at least for me.

·
Time for change
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Honestly, the Grand Prix GTs are one of the most reliable v6 cars of all time....

Now the GTP! on the other hand is not. I would probably liken that to GM just bolting on a blower with no IC, and no change in cam, heads, or exhaust for that stupid error >: |

But Im actually very happy, Ive got a 98. Great car, only thing that EVER went bad on it, that wasn't my fault was windsheild wiper fluid motor.

·
Time for change
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not bad for a car that weighs as much as the beefiest supras.

Although the heads are only two valve, so they are pretty much at thier limit. I mean 29 Psi. If we flowed that same amount throuh a supra it would probably end up looking like 23 psi, just because the supra breathes better, even though the engine is a bit smaller.

:/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts