Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont want to get flamed at for asking this but does any one have headders on their turbo
i think the guy with the motec sup got one on his car but i cant remember his name to pull his web page

·
Registered
707 Posts
Turbo headers?

I think you mean a turbo manifold. Headers are for naturally aspirated cars.

Any turbocharged car has a turbo manifold, it's the turbocharged vehicle's equivalent of an exhaust manifold.

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
Headers just for NA's? No. Manifolds are casted collectors. Headers are tubular and steel, collecting at different points to vary tuning. Headers are for ANY engine. So are manifolds. The difference has nothing to do with whether it's an NA or Turbo, only with their construction and function.

·
Registered
707 Posts
makenzie71 said:
Headers just for NA's? No. Manifolds are casted collectors. Headers are tubular and steel, collecting at different points to vary tuning. Headers are for ANY engine. So are manifolds. The difference has nothing to do with whether it's an NA or Turbo, only with their construction and function.
I'm sure there are technicalities I don't know about, like these, but I've always heard of NA cars having just exhaust manifolds / headers and turbo cars having turbo manifolds. Thanks for correcting me.

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
Turbo header 2 liter turbo eclipse

Turbo manifold 2liter turbo eclipse

See the difference? It's the same way with NA engines...header is what a tubular manifold is referred to as.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the reason why i ask this question is because i saw some headders for 7mgte while surfing the net

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
To m knowledge there aren't any manufactured but I don't know. Someone here a while back "made" a REALLY badass setup.

·
aka FredMk3
586 Posts
Maybe your talking about Ron Ramirez (jt2ma71) he have indeed made an awesome custom turbo header. There's RPS and sound-performance that made turbo headers too, like Greddy, Blitz and some other company in japan. PHR with there HKS cast manifold replica too.

So we have plenty of choice.

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
I am building a tubular header/manifold as we speak. It should be done in a few weeks. I will post pics soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts