Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, just wondering where I can get the turbo inlet lips you see on a lot of big single turbos. The "lips" are usually a metallic color like purple, and they must fit over the turbo inlet. I see them on skylines and supras with big single upgrades. If anyone knows where I can get one, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks! Trev87supraturbo

·
Registered
762 Posts
And they mean running without a filter, which is a really bad idea if you do more than a hundred miles a year . . .

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
I assume its for looks seeing as the car isnt going to work very well without the AFM hooked up.

·
Registered
361 Posts
conundrum07 said:
I assume its for looks seeing as the car isnt going to work very well without the AFM hooked up.
would be really for cars runnign MAP.

like 1JZ ;)

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
If you still have the AFM on your intake, you can't do what you are talking about. There is no point to doing it other than for looks and for maybe drag racing. With a stock AFM or Lexus AFM, it is not possible. You will have to convert your car to a MAP sensor system first. You would see next to ZERO benefit doing this on a stock turbo. AND if I remember correctly, they don't have any 3" size, they usually are only 4" and bigger.

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I have the 4" inlet. I have ordered an AEM EMS, so that will eliminate the AFM. I was just curious about it.

Trev

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
i hope you like gerbils, hamsters, and other various rodents in your compressor.:D

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a very controlled garage environment. I woouldn't drive with this thing on the turbo at all times. The car isn't daily driven. I would only maybe use it at the track. maybe.

Trev

B

·
0 Posts
i'm gonna ASSUME here and guess that whatever setup your building probably would not need an intake THAT OPEN

·
old school poster
464 Posts
he didnt ask if it would work, he asked where to get them

hks usa has them in stock they are something like $384

turbonetics has some but they are a little ugly

1 - 12 of 12 Posts