Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*OLD THREAD. OLD THREAD. LOOK AT THE NEW ONE FOR MY ACTUAL KIT*

Coming back from Iraq... I got some war money to blow... what do you guys think?

DaveH Manifold
PT51 Turbo
38 Tial Wastegate
Shorty Downpipe
Wastegate Dump Pipe DaveH
Apexi GTSpec Exhaust $500 www.rxecret7.com
Apexi SAFC2 $300 www.ebay.com
Oil Lines $80 Buddy
Intercooler 300 Spearco on www.ebay.com
Intercooler Pipes $300 Buddy
Injectors 6 440cc injectors www.precisionte.com
$90 Fuel pump Walbro www.ebay.com
$200 Blow Off Valve www.suprastore.com

Total 3460

Do you guys think I need all this? I know my NA/Auto tranny will only handle 300-320 rwhp... I'm on a budget so if you guys think i don't need the fuel/ic/afc.... let me know your opinions. I can always add to the kit later.... Any problems going NA-T on the 98 engine... I know it's different... Oh... and if you guys have any of the parts above for sale or better suggestions PM me! Thanks for your time guys.
*OLD THREAD. OLD THREAD. LOOK AT THE NEW ONE FOR MY ACTUAL KIT*

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,251 Posts
I would like to start off by saying welcome back, good to hear that you doing ok and coming back.

with that said i know nothing about turbo kits...but it looks like u will need everything u listed and probably a couple other things.

D

·
0 Posts
i'll just point out that boost is an addiction.. and you wont be able to stop at 300hp :]]]
but when you get to that point you can look at forking out for having your auto tranny made alot more resilient ;)

a website that could be of some interest to you is www.nonturbo.com

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thank you guys for the help... it's great to be back in America... where the cars are not all 20yrs old, there aren't 3 men, 6women, a duck, a goose, a couple of goats and a chicken all in tiny Toyota pickup. Best of all, you don't wonder if the next car you search at the roadblock is going to blow up or if the woman you didn't and couldn't search (men can't touch Iraqi women) is carrying an AK. See we have modern marvels such as 6 cylinder 3.0 liter engines capable of over a thousand horsepower. They have 20 yr old vehicles which shouldn't be running judging by the condition and upkeep of it and somehow... it is. With glue, bubblegum, and duct tape.... but somehow their vehicles work. If you haven't been there or haven't been to a third world country in the armpit of the world, you won't know what I mean. I bet with a supra, 50 bucks, and maybe a goat or two they could get you up and running on methanol and put that giant supra wing to good use.

Anyhow, ok... so I need an OBDII fooler, Aliga? Is that just to attempt to pass smog or will my check engine light be on without it? Will the vehicle run w/o it?

Doodlex... www.nonturbo.com seems to be much more expensive than if you just contact DaveH himself. Also most of the parts on there can be purchased from other places for cheaper. Look at the Apexi GTSpec for example. At www.rxecret7.com they're selling it for 500 flat before shipping.... 40 bucks less than nonturbo.com (I know it's only forty bucks but for an enlisted Marine that's almost a full hard day's work)

I've only heard and read that the auto tranny will handle about 300 to 320 rwhp. I've never heard of the stock NA AUTO tranny handling 500hp. I understand that if I want more hp I will have to upgrade the tranny... I was looking at the boostlogic.com tranny they're selling for 1800/2950 with a torque converter. I know it's for tt... think it'll fit a NA? But that's for later down the line. I'm just trying to get a good foundation.

Thanks for the help guys, do you think I'm missing anything else? Anything else at all? Because I think I'm going to start boost at .4 bar from the wastegate... and if I decide to boost higher I'll go buy a boost controller. At .4 bar do I need the pump/ic/injectors?

Oh and I head the PT51 spools up quickly. How much hp do you guys think I can get out of this turbo before I need to upgrade?

Does anyone know of a reputable shop in the San Diego or San Francisco Bay area who can do the install for a reasonable price?

Iraqi version of the Supra. (Available in Tan and Special Edition Arctic White!)

·
Registered
265 Posts

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I have a question. I have a 1998 Supra N/A auto and im wondering if I go turbo (nonturbo's base kit) does it provide me with a intake and a air filter? since its so hard to find one for my year of supra....or does something change after installing like the new manifold?

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The kit on nonturbo's web site does come with the fipk. Damn wish someone would come up with a nice beatiful intake that works for hotwire supras. You're going to have to jimmy rig something in order to make it work. Me, I cut the airbox in half and I mounted the cone in front of the AFM. It works... btw this thread is old. There's another one that is much more recent.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Like this? Zero_one told me this but I don't know, I want to make sure... and also how tricky is it to turn a VVT-i to turbo? I don't want to spend any more money other than the injectors, fuel pump, bov, intercooler...probably clutch and flywheel too.

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's fine. My turbo is going in this coming week. Read the other thread. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts