Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading through the Parts Trader and someone was selling a custom turbo kit utilizing a cast manifold. He stated that he was using an SP63 w/.68, fuel system w/720cc injectors and stock MAF's. I can only assume that he was not using an HKS VPC because he retained the OEM MAF. My question: can the stock computer run 720cc injectors without a problem? Would you need to hook-up a dual MAF set-up for this to run?
I guess I could've e-mailed him but I'm sure he'd only be interested in receiving e-mails from serious buyers as opposed to answering tech questions.

·
"Philzilla"
694 Posts
ATLSUPDAWG#2 said:
...can the stock computer run 720cc injectors without a problem?
Yes, but you'll need some sort of fuel controller like an SFC or S-AFC to make this work.

Would you need to hook-up a dual MAF set-up for this to run?
No, but you might not get optimal performance out of the SP63 unless you have a VPC or dual-maf.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey Phil, thanks for the input. Did you ever figure out the engine dyno program?
For the dual MAF set-up, do you wire the sensors in paralle?

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
the set up i belive is my friend s you are refering too!

to reply to this you can use one maf but over 500rwhp your pushing it he was using dual maf's im going to do mabe the same setup but single maf till i get around to installing my vpc and yes he is also using safc!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RanGer498,
Thanks for the reply. I noticed that his numbers were 500 and 550 respectively, but I know the SP63 is capable of more. Was his cast manifold restricting higher output?

·
"Philzilla"
694 Posts
ATLSUPDAWG#2 said:
Hey Phil, thanks for the input. Did you ever figure out the engine dyno program?
Nope, I've been tied up doing valve stem seals... :(
For the dual MAF set-up, do you wire the sensors in paralle?
You can wire them in parallel (via the AFC or SFC), or you can run the 2nd one as a dummy. Imo, wiring in parallel is more accurate, unless your dual-maf piping is perfectly symmetrical.

M

·
0 Posts
I am selling that set-up, I also had the dual MAFs on the car....
the 500 was with one factory side mounted IC at 19 psi / pump gas.
the 550 was with 23 psi and some race gas, but using 2 side mounted ICs, where one of them did not have the END tanks redone yet, I didnt want to push that one factory IC any more...

That SP63 turbo is awesome, AND I also believe that a front mount could of helped more.

H.

B

·
0 Posts
It does not need to me symetrical, I know I have a friend with dual mass from home depot and he is over 700rwhp with stock cams and some NO2. As long as both are metering air the S-AFC caculates the amout of air the engine is getting and tells the computer what to do, he is allso running 850cc injectors on the stock ECU with a S-AFC. Now if he could just fux the problem of FMIC blowing the pipes off at 2.2 bar he will me makeing so real power, but so far on the Dyno he has only gone to 1.8 and made realy realy good power.

Chris

·
"Philzilla"
694 Posts
BalticSupraTT said:
...Now if he could just fux the problem of FMIC blowing the pipes off at 2.2 bar ...
1) Weld or press a ridge onto the pipe ends
2) Use T-bolt clamps (from NAPA or Turbonetics)
3) Use a file to etch a cross-hatch (knurled) pattern into the pipe ends
4) Apply a thin coat of brown permatex or Gas-ca-cinch on the pipe before coupling and t-bolting.

---- or, if steps 1-4 fail ---

5) Weld 2 bolts to each pipe, and attach an angle-iron or square tubing (with 4 holes drilled in it, of course) to the pipes, spanned across the joint. Then the silicone coupling is then only used to hold the pressure in, while the angle-iron (or square tubing) holds the two pipes together and aligned. With this setup, a thick-walled silicone coupling, and steps 1-4 above, I'd estimate that at least 100psi is possible.

·
3,463 Posts
Phil-

I only know of ONE MANIAC to be able to run 100psi :D:D;);)

pwpanas said:

1) Weld or press a ridge onto the pipe ends
2) Use T-bolt clamps (from NAPA or Turbonetics)
3) Use a file to etch a cross-hatch (knurled) pattern into the pipe ends
4) Apply a thin coat of brown permatex or Gas-ca-cinch on the pipe before coupling and t-bolting.

---- or, if steps 1-4 fail ---

5) Weld 2 bolts to each pipe, and attach an angle-iron or square tubing (with 4 holes drilled in it, of course) to the pipes, spanned across the joint. Then the silicone coupling is then only used to hold the pressure in, while the angle-iron (or square tubing) holds the two pipes together and aligned. With this setup, a thick-walled silicone coupling, and steps 1-4 above, I'd estimate that at least 100psi is possible.
:D

B

·
0 Posts
Don't want to see why that is funny? Not believe it I can get a vid on the Dyno possibly. With dual Mass Air you can run as much boost as the engine can handle or air you can fit into the intake, just becuase everyone here runs 2 bar why does no one try anything new.

Chris

·
"Philzilla"
694 Posts
BalticSupraTT said:
...Not believe it I can get a vid on the Dyno possibly. With dual Mass Air you can run as much boost as the engine can handle or air you can fit into the intake, just becuase everyone here runs 2 bar why does no one try anything new...
I want to see that vid of 100psi on a 2JZGTE. I hope the owner is made out of money, because the engine will blow long before 100psi. Btw, you'll probably have to run dual Y2K Turbos (spooled with about a 500 shot of nitrous) to get the boost that high.
:bsflag:

B

·
0 Posts
I am not saying that you can run a 100 PSI, you could with enought money and motor. Hell what kind of boost you think Tractors and Bussed run. Usualy around 3.5 bar. My Friend is going to se how much boost the stock block can handle before the headgasket goes boom. That is all I way saying. With VPC all you Boost you can run is 2 bar correct? Becuase after that the VPC freaks out and does not know how to control the fuel. As were with Dual Mass you can technicaly run as much boost as the Mass airs can read and the engine can handle. So far all my fruend has done was run 2.15 or so on the Highway punch, he said he was all over the place spinning. If you want to get a car to runn 100 PSI you are going to have to have a billit block, billet pistons, hell billet everything, and some switszer(sp?) turbos that they use on the realy big busses. You next problem is that is will be a acholl motor because you can not get high enought octane. Gese starting to sounds like a top fuel drag car HUH? They run tons of boost. I am not saying that he is going to run 100 psi, all I am saying is that he is going to run over 2.0 bar his goal is 2.5. He is just trying a different rought than everyone else. Some people are not affraid to blow things up trying to make more power, he is one of those people I am not. I am running 2.0 bar with VPC and a 75 shot. Proven to work for 9 with the right turbo on a stock block.

Chris

·
"Philzilla"
694 Posts
BalticSupraTT said:
...what kind of boost you think Tractors and Bussed run. Usualy around 3.5 bar.
3.5 Bar = 50.75psi...that's only halfway there.

My Friend is going to ... runn 100 PSI ... billit block, billet pistons, hell billet everything, and some switszer(sp?) turbos ... acholl motor...
Again, good luck.
:bsflag:

... his goal is 2.5.
That's a far cry from 100psi. 100psi is almost 7 bar!

...He is just trying a different rought than everyone else.
Lots of people have run 2.5 bar. That's only 36.25 psi. For example, Ara Arslanian has run his engine at 40psi several times.

I am running 2.0 bar with VPC and a 75 shot. Proven to work for 9 with the right turbo on a stock block.
And exactly what kind of turbo are you using to push 2.0 bar? Who did your fuel system? What kind of ignition are you running? Oh, and while we're at it, why don't you try 100psi? I thought we were talking about "your friend's car". Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling you a poseur or anything, but the VIN# of your supra might help to clear things up a bit... ;)

B

·
0 Posts
Dude, anywere in this post did I say I or anyone I know is going to ever going to try to run 100psi. And about Ari's run was it done on a compleatly stock engine minus the bold one. I am not going to argue with you anymore. Everyone on here knows that some of the fasteds supra's reside here in Austin. I.E. Darren Strunk, Kean Wnag, Sw, Chris Johnson, Justin Nenni.......... That is just the people over 750rwhp. There are even more dynoing 600 or so. So I am not going to look at this post anymore becuase you are pretty much argueing for no point, what to do have to prove or do you just like to hear you self sound like you know something.

Chris

B

·
0 Posts
Also why the hell are you butchering quotes from me and makeing them look total different then from what I said. Also BTW what kind of number have you put down with you car?

Chris

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BalticSupraTT said:
Also why the hell are you butchering quotes from me and makeing them look total different then from what I said. Also BTW what kind of number have you put down with you car?

Chris
Also let me remind you that there are a few O.G. Supra pioneers here in GA.

pwpanas has put down plenty of power and trust me he IS in the "700HP Club". Not to mention, he knows his SHIT when it comes to doing his own work. In light, he is the goto man here in GA.
Check out www.t04r.com for more info on Mr. Panas' car.

·
"Philzilla"
694 Posts
BalticSupraTT said:
... anywere in this post did I say I or anyone I know is going to ever going to try to run 100psi.
Here's your own words to answer your question. In response to "I only know of ONE MANIAC to be able to run 100psi", you said:
BalticSupraTT said:
Don't want to see why that is funny? Not believe it I can get a vid on the Dyno possibly
Just what in hell is that supposed to mean, Chris? :dunce: :rolleyes:

BalticSupraTT said:
what to do have to prove
Nothing, except that you shouldn't mislead anyone that 100psi is realistic on an mkiv (built or not).

BalticSupraTT said:
Everyone on here knows that some of the fasteds supra's reside here in Austin. I.E. Darren Strunk, Kean Wnag, Sw, Chris Johnson, Justin Nenni.....
...funny your car's not mentioned...2 bar with a 75 shot should at least put you in the running...cough, cough...what car?... cough
P.S. Your grammar sucks almost as badly as your imagination does. No wonder no one can figure out what you're trying to say...

---------------------

Also, ATLSUPDAWG#2 ... much thanks for the kind words and support on this topic.

B

·
0 Posts
I want you to point out were I said that I knew anyone I know was going to runn 100psi of boost, that was never said you added that into the post?? I never once said that I nor anyone that I know was going to run 100psi. Never PWPANAS was the one that started butchering what I said and makeing it look like I said that.

But with enought money yes 100 psi is possible, am I not
right????

Very simple reason my car is not on there, that is becuase it is in the shop getting the work done, kinda hard dyno the car but yes it should break 700 HP with not a problem.

Any other quotes to butcher?

Chris

1 - 20 of 43 Posts