Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
7m > 2jz > 1jz
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question 1:

ok i was looking at manny akmin on 7mpower.com and was looking at the power he is makeing with the sp63 kit.
so in his write up he put down 540 @ the wheels but with c16 race gas @25psi
now i want to make 600rwhp on pump gas 93 octane @ about 18-20psi, and i doubt that kit will do it if he is only makeing a that kind of power with the race gas.
what kit should i go with? :dunno: i was thinking along the lines of a sp67 or sp70 kits.

Question 2:

how does the the old t66 and t04r that you can make 600rwhp with compare to the newer sp kits or precision kits for the supra that you can make that power with? :dunno:

-sean

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
eh i agree on the pump gas aspect. i like to know what hp im making and not just what i made on a dyno one time because i had race gas in the tank. with pump you dont need to worry about people messing with your high boost/race gas/dyno setting. personally im shooting for 400rwhp on pumpgas and not going to ever try race gas out.

·
7m > 2jz > 1jz
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it has to be possiable b/c mk4's are always doing this with no problem.

all in all i think i am going with the sp67 kit to do the pump gas thing. b/c will neally made over 733 with race gas and some nos (so i hear) and was makeing around 600ish @ the wheels on 93 pump gas (so i hear).
he did that with a t66 turbo so i think the sp67 would be enough.

anyway you guys have responded to the first question and still need some response, but what about the 2nd question. i would like to know that.

-sean

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
First of all are you shooting for peak power? SP 70s ect are too big for a stock 7M. What are your mods? How fast do you want the car to go?

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
just curious on how a turbo like that will respond with a low rev limit of a 7m?
Not to jack your post. But I guess something to think about.

The MKIV guys I saw making that power were usually on like Meth injection or something of the sort.

·
7m > 2jz > 1jz
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i havent done anything yet. i need to swap over first, this info i am just trying to learn before i do it, so i can do it right the first time and trouble shoot alot of problems.
and with a built motor you can run an sp88 if you wanted to. there was a guy (forgot his name) @ tx2k5 this year built 7m with the sp 74 kit on it. and made 644 at the wheels. but not sure what gas he was running though.
and as for mk4 guys you so make 600rwhp with only 93 octane pump gas, no problem, thats just how they are built. they jsut go a huge ass turbo.

now please will someone answere my 2nd question. please.

-sean

1 - 9 of 9 Posts