Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
'85 SDR 7MGTE 5sp
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool

Yea Wade, I wanted everyone to see my 'racecar' :p

Im undecided on my turbo route now....I could do it RussM styles or I could do a swap....or I could snag that tt kit...

P

·
0 Posts
'84 Supra, '90 7M-GTE....
Great combo, but I wanna start over again and really build the crap out of the engine. I kind of rushed it the first time. I get some really good power out of it now, but I wanna go all the way. I've been talkin with the mkIII guys about ideas on how to build the engine for BIG power. If anyone has any suggestions on how to really do this right, I'll take 'em.

·
Retired Super-Mod
10,170 Posts
mk1owner said:
anyone ever turbo'd a mk1? is this even possible?
my goal is to be the first if no one has.
If the 4M-E is anything like the 5M-E (in Aus. MkIIs) you're going to blow a head gasket when you turbo the MkI.

If it's a different animal, then good luck to you. I'd join the MkII list if I were you and talk to some of the guys there.

4M-E is SOHC, right? ...or is it a 4M-GE in the MkI?

·
Registered
342 Posts
the US mk1 has a 5M-E. i would like to at least try to put a 5M-GE in it if possible, or a 6M.

actually, it looks like the first ones had 4M-E, mine has a 5M-E. 81' is when it went from 2.6 liter to 2.8.

·
Retired Super-Mod
10,170 Posts
mk1owner said:
the US mk1 has a 5M-E. i would like to at least try to put a 5M-GE in it if possible, or a 6M.

actually, it looks like the first ones had 4M-E, mine has a 5M-E. 81' is when it went from 2.6 liter to 2.8.
Hrm. That's a shame, 'cuz the Aus. guys hate the 5M-E... tendency to BHG and anemic power.

Hook up with some of those guys and get their advice since the MkII came with the 5M-E down there.

I'd slap in a 6M-GE and turbo it if I were you. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts