Supra Forums banner

Turbo/NonTurbo rear end Q?

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  88turbocharged 
#1 ·
Other than LSD what is really the main difference between the nt and turbo rearends? Arent they the same size? the reason Im asking is because I saw someone making gears for the non-T rearends and not for turbo cars?

any insight?

Thanks,
Chris

#16 ·
Hey guys I got me a 89 rear end the 3.73 one and I am deciding either completely rebuild it or put a torsen heart in it. It depends on how much the clutch plates and everything for the differential cost from toyota. If they don't ask for my 2nd born child for the clutches and what not for the LSD then I will go that route but my question is does the Torsen Differential the actual heart not the ring and pinion have pose trac so i will still be dual wheel drive and leave two patches when burnout, I am pretty sure it does. Thanks.

#17 ·
i read the web page up above and i thought it said that if you lost traction with one wheel it wouldn't spin posi, the best for posi by what i read there and by my understanding is the clutch type, OR welded open diff, which i want to learn how to do because that is all time posi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.