Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Question...I have a rebuilt Ct-26 in my supra and the turbo oil outlet pipe has started to leak...how hard is it to replace the pipe? Do I have to take out the turbo to do it or can I get some kind of tools that will allow me to take it out without removing the turbo?

Thanks,
Joe

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
It's VERY tricky to get the pipe outta there with the turbo on the car. And even if you do get it off with the turbo on, getting the bolts back on is really hard and you can't necessarily be sure how tight you got them. I would recommend taking the turbo off. It's pretty much the same amount of work and less aggravation.

G

·
in reply to your question about the oil pipe. I just replaced my head gasket which required me to remove the turbo and oil pipe or so i think. any how for me it was a bitch. i don't see how you would replace the oil pip without removing the turbo. the best method of getting to the oil pipes bolts directly below was to take a mirror and guide my extention with a socket on the end to find the bolts. the banjo joint towards the right of the turbo causes problems because of the lack of room to work in and the fact that you have to get a washer behind the banjo as you put the bolt in.... wow... im no mechanic so i did it the hard way.. RND :p

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
Dude, you got owned. That is the bitchiest thing on the car. It took me 45 minutes to install it with the turbo on while the engine was on a stand (stupid hard oil pressure line wouldn’t line up...)

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,130 Posts
Correction.

It is pretty much impossible to take the oil banjo/return line off while the turbo is on the car.

**UNLESS**

The studs to the block come off.

There are studs holding the pipe in place and you need the room to pull it off... thus, removing the turbo, (Unbolting the turbo from the mani is the easiest part of the whole job)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The only thing i have going for me in regards to this is that I have the good doctor to hopefully assist me with that this coming summer, if anyone has a shot at doing i know dr. jonezz can, *sigh* at least i hope he can....damn car...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts