Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put a supra turbo on a 2.2 dodge motor.

The orientation of the turbo is wrong. Meaning the discharge of the intake air and the exhaust is pointing upwards if I want to keep the intake and exhaust the same as original.

I can make a turbo elbow for the exhaust, not a big problem. But the compressor side is not so easy.

I took off the band that holds the two halves of the turbo together thinking I could just rotate the compressor 180 and solve my problem!!! I can't budge the two halves.

Has anyone ever done this???

If I heat the joint with a torch will the bearing get ruined??

Help

Dennis

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
yeah you can heat it with a torch, then wack it with a good mallet. I make no gaurantees that this is good for your bearings or shaft, but I had to readjust my turbo when it came back from being upgraded (they had assembled the compressor side 90 degrees off)

·
Boost Creep.
432 Posts
Hold the turbo by the compressor housing, with the ehxaust side facing the ground... Tap downward on the exahust housing with a hammer. This should free it. You'll need 2 people for this operation.

-Brendan

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the QUICK responses.

I wrote this, then ate lunch, came back, then BOOM all my questions answered with more knowledge then I asked for .

Gotta love the Supraforums and all the poeple on it

Thanks, I'll tell you how it went, if it goes at all!!!

Dennis

3,796 Posts
:lol: I never thought a ct-26 could look so massive!!

·
Super Moderator
10,753 Posts
lol, T-1 my ass, that's a mitsu 13G! look at the comp. wheel and the housing designation "TE04H".

·
VIPER HUNTER
835 Posts
its a dodge teo4 turbo. t1 is the motor it came off of,Theres a t1 t2 motors in the dodge world,That turbo came on alot of turbo dodges 87-?.Turbo on puts out 14psi which is maxxed.

The ct26 is equil to like a small 16g which will do over 300hp in the

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, it's a mitsu turbo. Came stock on alot of earlier 2.2's.

I got the compressor turned 180 degrees!!!! I tried tapping it.....no luck. Brought out the torch and it broke free no problem. Hope I didn't hurt the bushings at all.

Now to make an adapter to mount to the stock manifold and figure out how to mount the waste gate actuator!!!!

Thanks for your Help

Dennis

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,259 Posts
That ct-26 has a chipped fin.. Btw you can just use a pair of needle nose pliers and then on the back of the compressor hosing clamp the two together and pull off the c clip.... Then just swivel the hosing to the direction you want it.. Or just pull on it and it will pop off.. it's only held on by a rubber seal that has caked on after time.

·
Registered
114 Posts
...they call it a shadow for a reason, its supposed to be following everyone. lol, j/k bro

1 - 16 of 16 Posts