Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came across a killer Toyota Remand rack but it's for a Turbo modle mk3, wondering if theirs any difference/if it would work with my '88 NA which now has a 1JZ in it (though I doubt the 1JZ makes a difference in this case)

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My NA does not, I dont know about the new rack.

Part #44250-14110-84
If that helps any.

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Why do you need a new rack? What are the symptoms for your problem? I'm curious because my front makes a noise when I turn the wheel...

na-t Dave

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Noise could be low fluid.

The rack is leaking pretty bad on mine, thats why I wanna replace it. The car has been in the garage since December when I bought it, so havnt driven it yet, but also didnt want to pass up on a killer deal for a new rack.

My last supra got a new rack put on it, the sterring was extremly loose, and eventually got a knocking noise when turning the wheel all the way to 1 side, plus fluid loss.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
That part number is for the non-PPS rack for 86-88, it's the correct rack for your car.

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Jeff Lange said:
That part number is for the non-PPS rack for 86-88, it's the correct rack for your car.
You da man! :bowdown:

I figure $115 shipped for a Toyota Remaned rack still sealed in the box is a good price dont ya think? :)

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually, im positive my car does not have PPS, but how do you tell if I where to get curious enough to look for any signs of it?

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
Your car definitely doesn't since it was added in 89, but if you did have PPS, you'd see wiring running to both the rack and the pump.

·
SupraStore.com
2,134 Posts
greensupra_87 said:
whats pps?
Progressive power steering...helps more at low speeds and less at higher speeds..not really necessary, regular PS already does that fine with a spool valve to determine how much assist you really need

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Flea420 said:
Noise could be low fluid.

The rack is leaking pretty bad on mine, thats why I wanna replace it. The car has been in the garage since December when I bought it, so havnt driven it yet, but also didnt want to pass up on a killer deal for a new rack.

My last supra got a new rack put on it, the sterring was extremly loose, and eventually got a knocking noise when turning the wheel all the way to 1 side, plus fluid loss.
Yeah, those are my symptoms. Where can I buy one? Thanks for your input!

na-t Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts