Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
¿Got Boost?
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check engine light came on and looks like I have Code 34 (Turbo Pressure Malfunction) and Code 35 (Turbo Pressure Sensor Circuit). Dug this up for Code - 34:

Code 34-

turbo pressure malfunction

All conditions below are detected continuously for 2 sec or more.
(a) manifold absolute pressure: 200kPa, 29psi or more
(b) throttle valve opening angle: 20 degrees or more
(c) engine speed 2,400 rpm or more

Trouble area
-Acutuator (for waste gate valve)
-short in vsv for waste gate valve circuit
-ecm

Any suggestion before I try to tackle this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

As far as code - 35, I'm thinking of just replacing the turbo pressure sensor. A forum member (C Reed) had the same code and symptoms (stalling) and replaced the sensor which worked out for him. But, any other suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
DONT HASSLE THE HOFF
893 Posts
I had code 35 thrown awhile back and it ended up being the power wire for my FCD (BCC) had severed so essentially the turbo pressure sensor wire at the ecu acted as if it were cut in half. I re-connected it and it seemed fine. BUT, I took the car out this past friday and the POS stalled and wouldn't stay started like it had when I last threw the code. So maybe my pressure sensor itself is going out, that or the FCD is going out. I was so mad I just left the car in the garage the rest of the weekend and didn't check into what it was.

So, I suggest checking the FCD or BCC first if you have one. If that is fine then I'd go for the sensor. Have you priced a sensor yet? If so, what is it going for?

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
I agree with Sean, check your BCC/FCD to see if it malfunctioned or anything. I had the error code 34 at the beginning of this year back in March. It ended up my FCD had malfunctioned somehow so i said the hell with it and replaced it with a BCC. Problem, Solved.

-Phu

·
¿Got Boost?
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply guys. I have a BCC (no FCD) so I'll check my ECU to see if the wires are all in tact (I have a fields harness, but that probably doesn't matter). Euphoric, the forum member that replaced the turbo pressure sensor said it was about $200 for the part but I don't know if that includes the Curt A. special. Weird, according to both your replies, code 34 and 35 dealt w/ the FCD. Anyway, I'll take a look and report back. Appreciate the help.

-james

1 - 5 of 5 Posts