Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, while I was checking part prices and stuff, I thought I'd check prices on turbos.

Dealership - $2693.97 (ct-26)
AutoZone - $793.99 (Holley 62-506)

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,129 Posts
Haha, from me.. 100 dollars.

For serious though... you could buy a stocker for around that, and have it upgraded for that kind of dough.

Since you have money :D, I would go for the SP turbos.

I can't believe that's almost exactly what I paid for the entire car... the dealership will rip you off a new ass and sell it to you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dont buy an OEM turbo, why buy a stock turbo for $2000 when you will want to upgrade in a year or 2, why not just buy a sp61gt for like 1200 or a sp61gt with a ball bearing center for like 1700

its still cheaper than a new stock one

also, keep your eyes on the for sale sections and ebay

EDIT: be careful on ebay thought, the ct26 was used on other cars other than the supra and they are all slightly different

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
true. i know a guy in AZ, who can set you up. not sure of his prices, or your exact situation. but a good friend of mine had him rebuild his stocker for 200 bucks. then found out the guy has a much better unit for 500. although it would require some other mods to accomodate it, it would total out around 1000, and youd get dramatic improvement. let me know if you want his number.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
moneypit said:
true. i know a guy in AZ, who can set you up. not sure of his prices, or your exact situation. but a good friend of mine had him rebuild his stocker for 200 bucks. then found out the guy has a much better unit for 500. although it would require some other mods to accomodate it, it would total out around 1000, and youd get dramatic improvement. let me know if you want his number.
your post cant possibly be any more vague

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so what. the point is my friend told me about a good guy in AZ who does alot of quality turbo work. i never dealt with him so i dont know exact numbers and models. i was offering him the guys number so he can call and talk to him first hand and get the info he needs.

get off my ass.

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
i know quite a few guys who have spare ct-26's lying around that they would love to get rid of. u just gotta ask.. post it up in the wanted section and they will come....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my friend has a rebuilt ct26 for 350-400 if interested. hasnt been used at all since being rebuilt.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Heh, no way in hell was I planning on buying one from toyota. I'd buy another car and swap motor for that much. BTW, the complete 7m-gte from advance auto was about the same price.
I price check things just for the hell of it. Keeps me informed.

I told the guy about the turbos from PT, and he said "Oh, well....I'll have to see about that from my service manager, cause we don't guarantee aftermarket stuff."

so I asked him

"Why do you need to guarantee it? I'm not buying it from you."

his reply:

"Well, you can't put in a turbo. It has to be done by someone trained to do it from toyota."

I didn't want to continue talking to him, so I said "okay".

Not sure what turbo I want. Probably go with another cheap stock one on this engine.

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,129 Posts
Well, not from advanced auto parts.

Advanced Auto Parts, get their engines from Recon and are a pretty good quality.

They have just about every toyota engine.

Not bad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts