Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Dagger OCHO
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
let me get to the point here.......i tried to do a donut in the rain and the back wheels just hopped...real bad.......now the turbo isn't working right. the car drives but it won't go very fast.....top speed is like 35 mph the turbo spools up but all you hear is a rush of air.......then the car starts to die........the turbo is actually making the car slower when it's spinning. if anybody has any ideas....please help

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Yeah that would be a monster boost leak it sounds like. The ECU is thinking you are boosting but the boost isn't making it to the motor so there is way too much fuel and you are bogging down. Check all your IC hoses and connections for holes or hoses that have popped off.

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
that hose that connects to the 3000 pipe tends to pop off on high revs..i had to get my pipings welded on to that pipe..check the IC hoses as stated above

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
lol yeah, sounds like a huge boost leak. check all the IC hoses pretty good chance that youve blown one of them off.

·
Dagger OCHO
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys......i checked all the intercooler hoses and one of them was very loose.........i made it tight again and now she runs great......thanks for the help

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
i am curious to know which hose went loose..if you dont mind?

·
Registered
409 Posts
if your back end is hopping that badly just from spinning in the rain you might want to take a look at your suspension too. that hop is really hard on the car.

·
Dagger OCHO
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea......the parking lot i did it in was a new parking lot.....it is really grippy......any where else i do it, it does it fine...............the hose that was the problem was the one under the turbo....where it connects to it........the pipe was very loose

1 - 9 of 9 Posts