Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some feedback. I have a BPU supra . Today I was driving around with no problems. Everything was running fine until I sped up after a stop light and noticed that my turbo guage was running at 0.5 bar of boost even after 4k on the tach. And I noticed that the exhaust tone was way different . It sounds higher in pitch now and not so beefy. I have never heard the "Death Wine" and never had any major problems. I took the car for a WOT pull and in every gear turbo #2 never came on-line.
Could this be a silinoid problem or something rather simple or is turbo #2 dead? Please help. :(

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Check for a blown intercooler hose. Check that none of the joints have come off and check that none of the hoses have cracked.

·
Registered
240 Posts
If your exhaust note didnt change at all after 4k that means most likely the hose thats connected to the EGV which lets the 2nd turbo start going is prolly popped off or something.... Look for it behind the VSV that you capped off when you install a boost controller.... its the one behind it... the hose going into that VSV is prolly popped of or not connected... and also check the IACV up top by the second turbo see if the vaccum hose popped off there too... most likely not since you said the exhaust note didnt change and not it did change but still not boosting higher.... anyway good luck... its in that area VSV thats most likely the problem unless your VSV itself isnt working or the EGV is stuck closed... which is rare... then it could be a PITA.... goodluck if you have any other problem PM me... later...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts