Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· slowest restoration ever
632 Posts
Please search. there is a lot of info on here about ssautochrome stuff. Also, if you want to turbocharge a 7M-GE as opposed to a 7M-GTE which is already turbocharged, you have a ton of other work to do. This kit will not just bolt right up and work, as the engine management is not set up for it, and you need to get oil to the turbo, etc. Search for 1/2 NA>T conversion.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
miekedmr said:
Please search. there is a lot of info on here about ssautochrome stuff. Also, if you want to turbocharge a 7M-GE as opposed to a 7M-GTE which is already turbocharged, you have a ton of other work to do. This kit will not just bolt right up and work, as the engine management is not set up for it, and you need to get oil to the turbo, etc. Search for 1/2 NA>T conversion.
i already know that its not all the stuff ineed. i have read every topic avalible on the 1/2 na-t conversion. i still dont know much about turbos, like are these turbos crapy, are they going to spool really slow, are they to big/small for my aplication. will the exhaust manis fit correctly or will alot of shit have to move. and just genaral opinons on the setups listed.

· Registered
3,818 Posts
if i was gonna turbo a 7mge i would just get the turbo manifold and run a ct26. easy and its already been done.

· Savage Member
1,074 Posts
The upgraded CT26 is just the stock turbo that comes on the 87-92 supra's originally; but for the upgraded ones the stock compressor is removed and bored out and a bigger compressor and shaft is installed; normally 50 trim, 53, 57, and 60 trims. Also available is a 60-1 and a 62-1; but are said to have the lowest life span.

All are also available with clips. From 5º to 15º and is when they cut the exhaust fins to allow for more exhaust to escape faster so that it helps the flow of exhaust @ high RPMs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.