Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Needs More BOOST
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bolted on a new .57 trim SS Boss turbo stage 4. I'm building 7-8psi of boost and the car is running just fine. Thing is it doesn't seem as though it is putting out much more power than the stock ct at 10 psi. I figured that this thing would pull a lot harder. Mods are as follows.

HKS F-Con. setting 5,(tried others, seem happiest on 5) SS elbow, 3" DP No cat and HKS JDM legalmax. Stock intercooler and pipes. (HKS sitting on shelf with new upper hardpipes.(need lower pipe yet.)) Stock injectors and AFM. No boost controller. stock fuel pump.

I am just looking at a few things here. Looking into the MAFT-Pro right now. New fuel pump and 550's. Just thought that even at 7 PSI that the car would pull harder???????

Keith

· Needs More BOOST
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think it is because u dont have 550's or a lexus maf. the car is still only getting the stock fuel amounts so it wont boost anymore. correct me if im wrong

HKS F-Con adjust fuel for this. my CT on 9lbs pulled harder than this turbo on 7lbs???? I adjusted the F-CON up to add fuel and I could physically see the difference in the exhaust.....

· Banned
5,915 Posts
You need a tune.

You cannot run a bigger turbo with stock fuel and ignition maps. That is asking for trouble.

· Needs More BOOST
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You need a tune.

You cannot run a bigger turbo with stock fuel and ignition maps. That is asking for trouble.
I thought the F-Con would help in that matter? Enlighten me with some ideas then. Hook a brother up!?

· Needs More BOOST
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
u see degree im learning i finally got something right
LOL. We are always learning!!! Very nice itsmy. Going to call HKS and talk to them about the fuel/air and see what they can do with my F-Con. Possibly a new burned chip. Prolly going to be ordering 550's and fuel pump very soon though. Depending on what HKS says. I may sell the F-Con and going MAFT-Pro. Holy shit - really wasn't ready for this quite yet!!!!! But alas - It is time to go for the gusto!! Thanks to all that replied!!!!

Any input is greatly appreciated!!!

Keith

· Registered
156 Posts
that is the whole rating system of the injectors, it can only flow 440 no matter what the computer tells it to. needing more fuel requires a bigger injector ie.550 and so on. please correct me if i am wrong.

Kev

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.