Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm upgrading to a bigger turbo i'm looking to get about 350-400 hp after tuning and boosting around 15-17 psi. one of the biggest things i'm looking for is quick response and little lag. i've been looking into the SS boss stage 4 turbo 54 big shaft if anyone has this turbo or info on it hit me up i'd like to see how you like it.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
that power range is in the realm of an upgraded CT-26 with supporting mods...

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
sp61gt ftw! i have it on my car and absolutely love it. plus its coming out in DBB trim shortly.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Poodles said:
that power range is in the realm of an upgraded CT-26 with supporting mods...
I was going to say that too but the longevity of the upgraded CT is questionable.
Depends on how much you want to spend. You can upgrade the CT for half the price but the SS or SP options will last longer. In the same breath, neither will spool as quickly as an unclipped CT upgrade.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i was thinking about the upgraded ct26 too i think the power i want might be at the upper end of what the ct26 can do especially if i end up wanting more i'd rather have some room to work with. i'm getting the smaller one becuase i'd like to get the boost quicker but i am also thinking about getting the 58 with bb its a lot of money but may be worth it

·
Registered
58 Posts
supraian said:
yeah i was thinking about the upgraded ct26 too i think the power i want might be at the upper end of what the ct26 can do especially if i end up wanting more i'd rather have some room to work with. i'm getting the smaller one becuase i'd like to get the boost quicker but i am also thinking about getting the 58 with bb its a lot of money but may be worth it

If you are going to use the stage 4 you could save your money and not get the BB center. The stage 4 is a good street racer from light to light. It will come on fast and not have the lag of the stage 5. If you do more racing on the freeway than go with a stage 5.
The stage 4 will not spool as fast as a stock CT-26 but than the CT-26 will not perform like a stage 4. It is the next step up for more power.
I would put the extra money in a stage 5 and get the BB set up to cut down on lag.
Greg
LIPP

·
Registered
348 Posts
I run the BOSS in a 58 trim with the DBB and it hits really hard after 3700. The half dyno pull I made we were hitting ~470 whp at around 4500 @17psi (we blew the probe out of the exhaust and it melted through one of the tiedown straps just as we were really getting into it--wheels broke loose, car jumped like it was stung by a bee, and I shit my pants!!).

We then tuned the car for 22psi and made a few street pulls (she "goes like a raped ape" as Charles likes to say). I drove her around for a few more weeks ironing out the AEM EMS, looking forward to a full dyno pull and some real numbers; but a faulty/clogged injector leaned out #3 cylinder and melted a piston . . . such is the life of a MK3 owner.

Matt

Current mods:
SurpaSport BOSS 550 dual BB, big shaft 58 trim
AEM EMS with IAT and MAP sensor
Lipp SS elbow
RT downpipe
Greddy SP cat back
RT test pipe
Spearco IC
Defcon hard pipes, ceramic coated
Greddy type S BOV
Earls oil cooler w/ -10 AN SS lines and thermostat
Canton remote filter adapter on NA filter stud
2 qt Accusump plumbed w/ -10 AN SS lines
Summit Racing remote oil filter mount with Ford racing filter (CM spin-on comming soon)
RC 550's
Walbro 255 pump
SupraSport AFR Fuel solution w/ FPD eliminator
Ross .017 over, ceramic and dry film coated by swaintech (switching to Wiseco .040 after these melted)
Pauter rods
rebuilt head
Magnacore 8.5 plug wires
Irridum plugs (1 colder)
Greddy catch can (to be installed)
ARP head and main studs
ported exhaust manifold (waiting to test the SupraSport SS one)
K&N Fipk
PWR Rad
FAL 220's with temp switch
RPS flywheel
Spec 3 clutch
SS clutch line
SupraSport v3 short shifter
Avc-r

ST sway bars
ROH Drift-R 17x8 (18's coming soon)
235 45 Mich pilots
Brembo cross drilled F+R (BBK coming soon)
Metal Maxis pads
Goodrich SS brake lines
Eibach and Tokico II's
F+R greddy strut bars
Leatherseats.com leather and seude interior
Lotek dual pillar pod, with Auto meter boost and egt

·
Oldie but a Goodie
1,465 Posts
MKIIINA said:
sp61gt ftw! i have it on my car and absolutely love it. plus its coming out in DBB trim shortly.
Actually, it's already out. And you can get it in bolt on internal or external wastegate form.

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
the bolt on internally gated isnt out just yet as they are working on the exhaust housing. however the externally gated one is out. both are going to bolt up to the stock mani.

·
SMFL
223 Posts
Where would a stock CT, not upgraded lie powerwise at its usefull limit of 12-15 psi? With necessary supporting mods such as Lex/500, Eman, downpipe/elbow, catback, intercooler, etc?

edit: found the sticky.

·
SMFL
223 Posts
gilsdorf said:
I run the BOSS in a 58 trim with the DBB and it hits really hard after 3700. The half dyno pull I made we were hitting ~470 whp at around 4500 @17psi (we blew the probe out of the exhaust and it melted through one of the tiedown straps just as we were really getting into it--wheels broke loose, car jumped like it was stung by a bee, and I shit my pants!!).

We then tuned the car for 22psi and made a few street pulls (she "goes like a raped ape" as Charles likes to say). I drove her around for a few more weeks ironing out the AEM EMS, looking forward to a full dyno pull and some real numbers; but a faulty/clogged injector leaned out #3 cylinder and melted a piston . . . such is the life of a MK3 owner.

Matt
Have you been at Bandimere with it yet? I was looking for uncorrected ET. I have been down the track at 5800 ft and know what you are facing.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i'm thinking about getting the gt30 turbo kit from 935 it's a small turbo but i'm looking for fast spool and around 350 hp if anyone has this turbo or has experiance with it let me know what you think about it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts