Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hay guys had a quiestion about turbos. i was looking at my new62-1 turbonetics and noticed there is a filter of sort in the oil passege going into the bearing of the turbo. should this be removed and cleaned out every know and then? i have heard a lot of stories about turbonetics turbo going. could this be the cause should this be maintenace?

·
SupraStore.com
2,134 Posts
If its anything like my turbo, it'll be fine. Not sure how different in design the Rajay is from your 62-1, but Rajays are supposedly incredibly reliable FWIW.

On your turbo, I dont think you really have to maintain it, its probably just a screen to stop gunk from getting into the center housing. The engine oil filter should be catching any shit potentially dangerous to the turbo anyhow.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i would hope my oil filter is but i have seen so many post about brand new turbos just dieing. just makeing sure you know. maybe those guys had other oil psi problems and just blamed it on the turbo. or dident disable the ignition when thay first installed there turbo. im puting in an autometer oil gauge just to make sure before i install my new turbo. my oem took a crap so im riding around n/a lol sucks. i read something about puting a spring in the oil pump of a chevy oil pump mite do that to. hay your exhaust is still working great thanks. hows your ride doing?

·
SupraStore.com
2,134 Posts
Hahaha, I've heard my exhaust hit 14s or 13s or so! Glad you like it, because it sure as hell wouldnt be used over here.

As the car sits, it is exactly the same in the same spot since you picked up the exhaust. The car is going through a complete overhaul...basically the only stuff that will remain untouched is the brake system (already upgraded), suspension for now, cams, and the wheels. The 7M is getting rebuild as well as intake manifold, exhaust manifold, intercooler, exhaust piping all custom, MegaSquirt standalone, MAP conversion, GT35R, TiAL boost stuff. All of the hoses and pipes will be replaced, power steering rack, etc. etc. etc.

It'll be down for at least the next year and a half and I've been driving my 93 Miata beater. As proof of how serious about it I am, rebuilding the engine next year with OEM everything except ARP hardware, shot peened stock rods, and aftermarket pistons.

Good luck with your car in the mean time, dude!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts