Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another question for you guys.

I have a Turbonetics T70 (.81 P) that is in need of a turbine wheel and center cartridge.
Getting the pieces and putting it all back together is no problem, but here's the question.

Is assembling the turbo with individually balanced parts ok, or is sending it out to have the entire assembly balanced a must?

If it is a must do, where can I send it other than turbonetics? I live in the NE, so closer is better. Also, in your experience, what is the average cost of balancing the entire assembly?

Thanks guys,
Alex W.

·
Premium Member
11,271 Posts
OVRBST said:
Another question for you guys.

I have a Turbonetics T70 (.81 P) that is in need of a turbine wheel and center cartridge.
Getting the pieces and putting it all back together is no problem, but here's the question.

Is assembling the turbo with individually balanced parts ok, or is sending it out to have the entire assembly balanced a must?

If it is a must do, where can I send it other than turbonetics? I live in the NE, so closer is better. Also, in your experience, what is the average cost of balancing the entire assembly?

Thanks guys,
Alex W.

It should be balanced as an assembly.

If it is a turbonetics unit, it must be sent to them.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your time.
Do you know how much this normally runs?

Also, turns out I have a "hybridized" T70. The center section is actually a single ballbearing Garrett unit (BB on the compressor side, thrust on the turbine side). PN#430683

Seeing as this is better than the standard Turbonetics cartridge, do you know where I can get the two bearings for this? I also need the little snap ring that holds the thrust bearing in. Garrett/honeywell website is kind of useless.

Thanks again,
Alex W.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts