Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my turbo oil seal is bad. The turbo wheel has 0 play and the turbo casing looks new. How much do you think a rebuild would be? Who should I ship it out to? How long does it usually take?

·
Unclipped Fury
767 Posts
performance tecniques. in california i believe. it takes about 3 days for the rebuild plus however you ship it. I paid around 450 for the 60-1 upgrade. you can find a kit floating around ebay for approx 150.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mikkee123 said:
performance tecniques. in california i believe. it takes about 3 days for the rebuild plus however you ship it. I paid around 450 for the 60-1 upgrade. you can find a kit floating around ebay for approx 150.

Thanks!

·
SuperWhiteNinetyTwoMeat
1,001 Posts
Just do some research on rebuilding the turbo yourself. Basically you would just be replacing the seals and nothing else if you do it yourself. If you send it in you will get a complete rebuild including bearings and everything else.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Twigger said:
Just do some research on rebuilding the turbo yourself. Basically you would just be replacing the seals and nothing else if you do it yourself. If you send it in you will get a complete rebuild including bearings and everything else.

I thought you needed special tools or a press or something to rebuild a turbo? I guess Ill start researching.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts