Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
got boost???
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i tried searching and it seems to be something about cutting a blue wire? i have aftermarket clifford alarm and when the turbo timer is counting down i'm unable to set the alarm on...i can manually lock the doors but car won't alarm itself...so basically everytime i park i gotta wiat for timer to count down n then alarm. ido i have to wire the alarm to a different ignition wire?

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
I had a Code alarm on mine and we never could get it to arm while the turbo timer was counting down. I could lock the doors like you said, but could never arm it. So we just set it to passive arm. That way I can walk away and lock the doors and 30 seconds after the car turns off, the alarm armed itself. Never had a problem with that.

Cutting the blue wire on mine made no difference whatsoever in how the alarm did or did not work. Actually the only thing it did was make the stereo turn off when the key came out. No difference in alarm function.

·
United States of America
1,469 Posts
yes the blue wire is the one you need to disable for factory alarm to arm while tt is counting down. instead of cutting it, I would just remove the pin from the connector. also make sure it's on the tt side of the harness.

also:
Aftermarket alarm, with turbo timer and stock alarm still works :)
MKIII detailed installation instructions
*verify your own wiring*

MKIII ALARM WIRE GUIDE wRelay.pdf (335KB)

·
Registered
409 Posts
i had the same thing done trent is talking about. basically i had the alarm set to "auto-arm" mode, so once the car shuts off the alarm will arm automatically, thus allowing the turbo timer to do it's thing while i have left the vehicle. i ran into a slight problem though, the alarm wouldn't arm until it "saw" the door open (since arming the system with me still in the car would be pointless). so a relay had to be installed which sent a signal to the alarm computer telling it the door opens for about 5 seconds and the closes. then the alarm arms and the doors lock automatically. i can actually see the open door light click on and off as the relay does it's thing. it's really cool and handy too, i just walk away with the car running and it shuts off, arms, and locks on it's own. people can't believe what's going on either when they see it.

·
got boost???
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok yea i have the auto arm but only arms if the door is open and shut again after turbo timer finish counting down...^^7m-boost how did u wire that relay? i don't know exactly what kind of alarm i have think its an old style clifford...and not sure where and what its wired too.so if any help could be made please suggest thanks

·
Supras Invade Las Vegas
2,385 Posts
999 times out of 100 a stereo shop will key the aftermarket alarm off the ignition. The factory alarm keys off the ACC.

Rewire your alarm to key off the ACC rather than the IG and then cut the blue wire if you have an HKS TT.

You will have problems with your vibration sensor setting off the alarm while the motor is still running though - you'll have to figure that one out on your own.

Keith

1 - 6 of 6 Posts