Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Retired Super-Mod
10,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished partially installing my Blitz MSTT, but I wasn't sure where to hook up to to get the 'speed' from the ECU... anyone with any tips?

Any help would be appreciated...

All the basic features work, but I'd like the "advanced" stuff to be active...

Also, anyone know how to switch it from kph to mph? Is that possible?

·
Retired Super-Mod
10,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Zarlov said:
It's the #2 wire on the top (I believe) set of ECU connectors. Here is the diagram:

Here is a link to the tech article on mkiv that explains the AVC-R install. It also uses the same wire. Hope this helps!

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/avc-r/install/index.html
Thanks... that helps a lot!

Do you know if there's a wire for that nearer the center console? I'd rather not have to trace it myself, and if I can tap into it behind the dash nearer the center of the car it'd be great.

Z

·
0 Posts
No, I don't know of a place to tap into the speed signal behind the dash. You could try and trace it back, but I don't think the factory uses any sort of standard for wire color coding and there are many wires with the same color so my guess is it would be pretty much impossible to trace. I think your best bet would be to tap into the signal at the ECU and just fish a new wire back behind the dash. That's what I had to do with my ETTC mod. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
quick said:
I just finished partially installing my Blitz MSTT, but I wasn't sure where to hook up to to get the 'speed' from the ECU... anyone with any tips?

Any help would be appreciated...

All the basic features work, but I'd like the "advanced" stuff to be active...

Also, anyone know how to switch it from kph to mph? Is that possible?
Sorry to ask you again, but did you buy you Supra from Houston or San Antonio area. I saw an ad in the Autotrader a little while back and the car looks just the same. I asked you before, but forgot what post I asked you on. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts