Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Radiator Man
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know why the search never works on my computer/or browser maybe? I don't know, it just goes to a white page when I search something.

Anyways, I recently replaced my blown engine. My mechanic informed me that my turbo isn't at it's prime anymore, but still has some life left in her. He said to look into either upgrading or getting another stock one.

any suggestions? I'd like to go bigger for some more power.

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
a) check the faq

b) you got a couple options, if you want to upgrade the stock one there is the .57 trim- (350ish hp) .60 (400) and .60-1 (~450) but however the higher up you go in general the shorter lifespan of the turbo. aftermarket there is the boss and sp series turbos that bolt onto the stock manifold. anything after thats kinda a custom job

<l><l>

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
57 trim has been shown to put over 400 rwhp down. io belive 430+

·
The Radiator Man
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys!
The FAQ page helped a lot.

·
The Radiator Man
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks tom,
how much did it cost you?
and where is he located at?

·
DON'T BLAME ME!!!
826 Posts
.57Trim upgrade

His name is Kent, and he's located in Scapoose, OR. You take the Longview exit, on your way towards Portland, and follow the signs to Hwy 30 south. You'll run right into it, and his shop is just a few minutes off of the main road. Give him a call, he loves to talk turbo's! The thing that impressed me the most, is how far he took the balancing of the compressor wheel, way past the stock spec's, good for longevity. He also shimmed up the wastegate while he was at it, and built me a adjustable actuator, which I can't risk using untill I get some bigger injectors! He will just about build anything you want him too. He had all kinds of hybrids sitting around his shop, mostly for Nissan SR-20's and RB-26's, but he'll do any upgrade you want on the CT-26, to include "big shaft" 60-1, and ceramic ball bearing cartridges. I won't mind if you mention my name if you end up dealing with him. I'm actually considering going to a 60-1 upgrade soon! :bigok:

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
how much that run ya? know prices on a ball bearing upgrade?

<l><l>

·
DON'T BLAME ME!!!
826 Posts
Turbo upgrade

My .57 trim was $600.00, and I can't remember what he said the bb cartridge cost.
Sorry

·
The Radiator Man
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like it'll be a bit before I can talk to him about doing my turbo. haha, owe my parents about 1400 for the new engine/labor. Plus I need new front wheels very soon.
Thanks though Tom, I'll remember to come back to this post when I get some money for a new turbo!

·
86.5 Turbo
1,571 Posts
Boostedmkiii said:
that was on 100 oct and there was still lots of room to increase boost, timming and get a little better a/f's. We went for more power but the clutch would not take it. I am currently running at about 365rwhp at 15psi on pump for my street tune.

I have a pile of parts ready to go on.... :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
sorry for the thread jack... i gotta replace my turbo soon too... would you guys recommend the 60-1 or the 57 trim?
right now i have the 60-1 with a 10 degree clip and its good power for me. i sort of like that lag up until around 3k rpm and then the sudden boost out of nowhere. haha. how does the 57 trim compare to that?

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
^ probably just a quicker spool and a longer life

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
88MKIIITurbo said:
sorry for the thread jack... i gotta replace my turbo soon too... would you guys recommend the 60-1 or the 57 trim?
right now i have the 60-1 with a 10 degree clip and its good power for me. i sort of like that lag up until around 3k rpm and then the sudden boost out of nowhere. haha. how does the 57 trim compare to that?
eh thats just how the ct-26 is for the surge, the .57 would be a little less but would come on sooner

<l><l>

1 - 17 of 17 Posts