Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys, I just got this 60 Series Turbo. Its actually a 62-1. I need to know where I can get the Oil/Coolent lines and the Actuator from for this turbo. IT has an internal wastegate b/c of a Hybrid Exhaust side. Also how do I get the Accordian Hose to fit :p .. Anyone willing to help the brother out :(

Need To know where to get Oil/Coolent lines
Also how to fit Accordian hose on this.

This is not the SupraSport turbo. Looks similar but not the same.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Hey dude you will first have to get a spacer on the stock exhaust manifold. A compressor housing of that size will not fit on the stock manifold. It's going to bump up against it. You will have to have it made or find someone that already has one. Depending on the size of the spacer, your DP may no longer fit also. I see that you also hav 4" intake so I highly doubt the accordian hose will fit.

The lines like we talked about over the phone can be purchased from any performance or speed shop really. I'm sure SS has them as well as they have these kits in stock usually.

B

·
0 Posts
what a/r is the hotside? just curious

for actuator, youd have a plate welded on to the compressor housing and bolt up a stock actuator or simular. not difficult or expensive at all.
oil lines, you can get them from sound performance or supra sport, etc, for like $125 for a kit.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey dude you will first have to get a spacer on the stock exhaust manifold. A compressor housing of that size will not fit on the stock manifold. It's going to bump up against it. You will have to have it made or find someone that already has one. Depending on the size of the spacer, your DP may no longer fit also. I see that you also hav 4" intake so I highly doubt the accordian hose will fit.

The lines like we talked about over the phone can be purchased from any performance or speed shop really. I'm sure SS has them as well as they have these kits in stock usually.
Just got of the phone with Turbonetics-Inc. They are saying to use a 4inch to 3inch and then 2 inch reducer to plug up the Accordian hose. Also he has the Oil lines for $24 dolla. Actuator is $71 dolla but will need to get a plate welded on to the turbo for Actuator.

Trent, Sup man. so you think I should contact Supra Sport to get the lines and everything.

What's up with Yes Sir, No Sir :p ... I guess MVP asks you to be professional but Hey Keep up the good work man.

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
I have almost the same turbo as yours. except for the 62-1 , ive got the 60-1 U can use the oil drain adapter fittings on both sides (block and turbo) uses 1/2 NPT to -10 AN fittings they will work just fine. U can see some pics on my site.

turbo pics

the pics u will see brass fittings.. those were there BEFORE I upgraded it to aeroquip.. my turbo bolts on stock mainfold just fine without the spacer, the compressor housing barely touches it. by 2-3 mm apart. not much clearance but it will work. but for your turbo that big. i dunno but u can always try! :)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DigitalDUST said:
I have almost the same turbo as yours. except for the 62-1 , ive got the 60-1 U can use the oil drain adapter fittings on both sides (block and turbo) uses 1/2 NPT to -10 AN fittings they will work just fine. U can see some pics on my site.

turbo pics

the pics u will see brass fittings.. those were there BEFORE I upgraded it to aeroquip.. my turbo bolts on stock mainfold just fine without the spacer, the compressor housing barely touches it. by 2-3 mm apart. not much clearance but it will work. but for your turbo that big. i dunno but u can always try! :)
Now thats what I'm talking about. Someone to share my Headaches with. How did you get the Accordian hose to fit?
where do I get the Fittings from? location/store? Oh yeah, what about the actuator? Do you have the complete setup pics?

B
0 Posts
PIONEER said:
Now thats what I'm talking about. Someone to share my Headaches with. How did you get the Accordian hose to fit?
where do I get the Fittings from? location/store? Oh yeah, what about the actuator? Do you have the complete setup pics?

Just get a 4" to 3" reducer. Put the 4" part on the turbo, then a 3 inch pipe between the reducer and the accoridan hose.

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
you can order fittings at summit racing. they sell it cheap.. for the adapter for the bearing housing. u can check any local turbocharger stores and they will have one for sale. or check suprasport.com they have a kit for that u can purchase.

for the block. I had the holes drilled to "enlargen" so it will match the bolt holes on the block for it to fit. it works damn good!

you will need

2 adapters that will fit 1/2 npt
-10 an to 1/2 npt (x2) fittings
-10 an hose
45 degree swivel -10 an

for the oil pressure.
use -4 an hose and fittings.
get two straight -4 an
on top of turbo uses 1/8 npt to -4 an fitting

water outlets all are 3/8 npt to -8 an

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
oh yeah . I used the stock acutator on the setup. I had to bend the rod to make it fit but the only problem I had was the wastegate started to open somwhere from 13 to 15 psi but thats ok..

for the accordin hose. I had to throw it away and used a diesel turbo elbow on it.. it was 3 1/2 inch dia. the turbo was 3 inch so I used a 3 inch hose and cut it the size as my turbo and used the elbow to attach it (kinda like layered) and it worked good for me!!

never had problems with that since! it matched up with my lexus afm

·
Registered
88 Posts
Here's my install of the 62-1 / t3 stage 5. I used a 4" 45 degree bend as a base for my acordian replacement. You're going to have to move your power steering tank as well.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
joliroger4 said:
I used my accordian hose when I had an AFM

http://www.geocities.com/joliroger4/mods.htm

There are two pics of it there near the bottom, keep in mind I wasnt using a stock manifold though, it may be different for you.
So correct me if I'm wrong but that looks like a 4inch into 3inch reducer and then a 2inch Stainless pipe inside the Accordian correct?

·
Flying Dutchman Pilot!
2,171 Posts
well, inside the accordian hose, I got some electrical tubing and had it expanded at a midas so it was a nice tight fit inside the accordian. I can't remember the size I started with though. You'll want something relatively close. Don't use stainless, it doesn't expand well.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
joliroger4 said:
well, inside the accordian hose, I got some electrical tubing and had it expanded at a midas so it was a nice tight fit inside the accordian. I can't remember the size I started with though. You'll want something relatively close. Don't use stainless, it doesn't expand well.
Also the Turbo has 4 Ports on it.
2 Look like Union Bolts
2 look like factory Coolent/Oil lines. Oil bottom (b/c its bigger) Coolent top it looks like.
The 7M only has 2 lines. 1 for coolent, 1 for Oil. Where do the other 2 lines for this turbo go? Anyone has a pic of this or a diagram how I should route the wires.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
You are going to have a coolant feed and return and oil feed and return.

The side ports are coolant and the top and bottom is oil.

You take the fitting on top of the thermostat bulb and that goes to the inside port of the turbo. Closest to the manifold. Then the port on the back of the housing goes to the opposite side of the turbo. Oil feed comes from the fitting next to the oil filter and then to the top of the turbo and then the return goes from the bottom back down to the block.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,149 Posts
John also sells the mounting bracket for the actuator.

So he's got the spacer and mounting bracket
www.jblmk3.com

So that turbo was sold by Turbonetics? Is that that hks rip off housing they are using for the hot side with all the wategate issues?

For the lines digital knows his stuff.. same fittings as a t04 setup.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
To jump-on here.

Check more pics for the ports/fittings/install here...
http://www.suprasport.com/images/ss_turbo/

Parts:
For the core, top is the 1/8in NPT oil inlet, use a -4an hose. The oil return at bottom will use the 1/2in NPT flange, I suggest a 3/4in hose to carry the oil back to the block. Yes, the block will use the similar oil flange with the holes slotted out. I have all this crap on-hand if you wanna save many trips.

So, you'll need -6an water hoses, -4an oil hose and -10 or -12an oil return.

The Water ports at the side should be 3/8in NPT. The water source port behind the water-pump is 14mm. The water return above the thermostat is 12mm, just like the fuel-rail return, FYI.

The turbonetics actuators are the easiest to get, but Turbonetics is not the easiest to work with, hah.

If you need a 4>3 reducer, I have some rubber/nitrile ones that have three years of dust on them. They are so dang big though, as Garrett noted, you'll have problems with the PS can.

Ask JBL about his spacer and actuator bracket, I agree there.

The dang oversize housing is such a pain in the arse. Man. :(

Oh yeah, as noted, if T'netics made that unit (seems like it) watch out for the binding wastegate.

OH! Don't forget a nice 3in elbow for the puppy. Don't want a stocker on there!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts