Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Damn my stomach is sick!
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one you think is the best one?

I've finallt decided to swap the engine of my Supra and it will be a fully built engine with a very particular head!
The horsepwoerfreaks/torquefreaks team is building it for me but we still have to chose the turbo....

Y2K 2002 Turbonetics?
SP77HO?
or the ITS GT80?

Thanks!
:)

·
GT-R DUN, Son.
3,490 Posts
Y2K

·
Damn my stomach is sick!
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply but I'd love to know even the reason why you prefer one or another turbo!

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
I have the SP77HO, and you see my results. Very streetable, I love it. There is NO other choice.

Y2K is NOT streetable IMO

·
Damn my stomach is sick!
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MK4LIFE said:
I have the SP77HO, and you see my results. Very streetable, I love it. There is NO other choice.

Y2K is NOT streetable IMO

Do you have a dyno sheet of your car? How much power at how much boost? Is your engine fully built? And what about the ITS gt80?

Thaks for your help!!!!
:D

·
Registered
582 Posts
I would highly suggest GT42R. This turbo will make over 1000rwhp and it is ball bearing. Spool will be nice and with its 116ar , top end will be just disgusting. Look into it, you won't be disappointed.
Sherbaz

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
AtomicFabio said:
Do you have a dyno sheet of your car? How much power at how much boost? Is your engine fully built? And what about the ITS gt80?

Thaks for your help!!!!
:D
Right in his sig it says "stock block". I'm assuming that means no work done to the engine. However, I'd prefer the SP77 because it puts out insane power and is HO. Have you ever heard an HO in action? If not, get it and trust me; you will NOT be dissappointed. LOUD LOUD LOUD ass spool up.

·
Damn my stomach is sick!
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sherbaz said:
I would highly suggest GT42R. This turbo will make over 1000rwhp and it is ball bearing. Spool will be nice and with its 116ar , top end will be just disgusting. Look into it, you won't be disappointed.
Sherbaz

Yeah what I'm searching for is an 80mm turbo but with a BIG exhaust side... a 116ar would be nice. Do you have mor einfo about this turbo? Any website?
We need a big exhaust side as we're aiming for the 10500Rpms!
:)

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
The GT42 requires a custom manifold to be fabricated as it will NOT fit in the supra using a HKS, SP or any other manifold. SP had this on thier car, and had to make it all custom.

Although BB is nice, the cost to rebuild one is insane. I made just about the same power with my car, possibly more, not sure, then the GT42 on Sp's car. And that was at 35psi, stock block. The Sp77HO is screaming for 40 psi.

·
Damn my stomach is sick!
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd really like to use an already exhisting mainfold!!

Will the RPS mainfold fit the SP77HO?

Instead we'll completely custom build an impressive 4,5inches exhaust....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Wow this is a tough decision, I am a big fan of ITS and SP turbos. hmmm, I think I going to go with the SP77HO, it has so much potential, and since your going all out with your engine it should be sick. An ITS80 would be bad ass too, ;)

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
AtomicFabio said:

the SP77ho fits on all the manifolds just fine. Bolt it up and get ready for 1000+rwhp

·
Super Moderator
5,991 Posts
You just got your T88 and you're already looking into a new turbo? Sheesh..... what makes you want to change to a SP77 over your T88?

AtomicFabio said:

·
Damn my stomach is sick!
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Craig King said:
You just got your T88 and you're already looking into a new turbo? Sheesh..... what makes you want to change to a SP77 over your T88?

We made with my T88H 862rwhp at the dyno last week with Sean.
It was at 28Psi of boost, 12AFR and enough timing.

I've the dyno sheet and the videos and I'll post them shortly.

The problem is that the engine have 2 cylinders (number 3 and 6) with 20% less compression then the others! I'll post the sheet with compression tests too....so it mean that it's time to swap it...110k miles...

That's teh reason why I want swap the turbo!
NEW ENGINE = NEW TURBO
;)

I'd really want to reach 1000+rwhp with my new fully built engine...that's all!

Beisde the new SUZUKY R1 2004 seem to be VERY FAST....

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
AtomicFabio said:
We made with my T88H 862rwhp at the dyno last week with Sean.
It was at 28Psi of boost, 12AFR and enough timing.

I've the dyno sheet and the videos and I'll post them shortly.

The problem is that the engine have 2 cylinders (number 3 and 6) with 20% less compression then the others! I'll post the sheet with compression tests too....so it mean that it's time to swap it...110k miles...

That's teh reason why I want swap the turbo!
NEW ENGINE = NEW TURBO
;)

I'd really want to reach 1000+rwhp with my new fully built engine...that's all!

Beisde the new SUZUKY R1 2004 seem to be VERY FAST....
Good luck with it all. SP77ho will get you your 1000+rwhp, and have less lag then the T88H.

·
Damn my stomach is sick!
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts

·
Damn my stomach is sick!
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
MK4LIFE said:
They have a .96AR available for it. Remember, the bigger the AR, the more lag you will get
At how many RPM your turbo spool? And where is your red line?
Is it a divided exhaust turbo?

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
AtomicFabio said:
At how many RPM your turbo spool? And where is your red line?
Is it a divided exhaust turbo?
Turbo starts spooling at 4400rpm or so. Full boost by 5800 roughly. Very streetable. I have a 8K redline, rarely ever have to go that high.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts