Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone with the RPS Kit upgraded their Turbonets Racegate? If so, with what? Did you replace the wastegate or a spring? It seems like my Racegate doesn't always want to get into boost when I select higher boost settings and it's annoying as hell. I know I could do a little bit of work and move up to a HKS Racing wastegate but I'd rather not spend more cash than I need for the time being (but it seems like the only solution so far).

Also, on the issue of wastegates and srpings, what do you guys with singles normall setup with? I'd like to have low to high boost available. One setting for pump gas and one for racegace. I figure 1.4 bar on pump (or 1.3) and 1.8+ for racegas but it seems that wastegates need various springs to have certain mins and maxes of which aren't always listed and it's annoying. Can anyone shine some light on this issue? If a manufacturer says something is rated for a various PSI or bar rating with a spring what does that mean? Max boost? Median? Min?

Y

·
0 Posts
about the spring
http://www.supraforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11174&highlight=wastegate+hard+spring

I'm not sure but I thought the racegate was not suppose to be an external WG. I have mine routed back to the exhaust. Its harder to control the boost on external WGs and I'm assuming the racegate might not be robust enuf to handle it like the HKS GT WG. I dont suggest you get the HKS WG. Try rerouting it back and see if that does the trick.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
There are known issues with racegates leaking out the diaphram and causing boost creep (these seem to be rare), but not racegates not being able to hold boost. If your racegate won't hold boost, then tighten the spring down or get a stiffer spring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts